Still looking for a 4788 to purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still looking for a 4788 to purchase

We are still looking to purchase a 4788, '97 or newer. We live in Washington State so anywhere on the West Coast would work for us!
    Tom and Jana
    1997 3988
    "Full Circle"
    Camano Island, WA

We are still looking to purchase a 4788, '97 or newer. We live in Washington State so anywhere on the West Coast would work for us!
    Tom and Jana
    1997 3988
    "Full Circle"
    Camano Island, WA

Comment

There is a great one for sale in our marina in Nanaimo Bc. If you are interested can get you the info.
      Craig
      Nanaimo bc
      1987 bayliner 3818
      w/ 175 Hinos no Genny, but solar to run everything!
      10ft Livingston with centre console and 15hp on davits / winch

Comment

• janas
        janas commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Craig, yes we would appreciate the information. Thank you!

Tom and Jana
      1997 3988
      "Full Circle"
      Camano Island, WA

Comment

• ksanders
        ksanders commented
        Editing a comment
        WOW! Looking at Yacht World I see just one 4788 from 1997-2001 for sale.

Now I know why you are still looking!

• janas
        janas commented
        Editing a comment
        I know! When we were dreaming of buying, there seemed to be plenty. Now that we have sold our boat and ready to buy, there aren't any!! Keep reminding ourselves to be patient but it's hard!!

• brad4550
        brad4550 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tom
        the 47 is very sought for and great boat...have you thought about a broker ?? I would highly recommend Dan Byrd at Fairhaven Yacht Sales his cell is 1-509-929-3535
        A lot of "BOC"members know him and bought their boats thru him."....Google luck Brad

WOW! Looking at Yacht World I see just one 4788 from 1997-2001 for sale.

Now I know why you are still looking!

KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY
      SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

I know! When we were dreaming of buying, there seemed to be plenty. Now that we have sold our boat and ready to buy, there aren't any!! Keep reminding ourselves to be patient but it's hard!!
        Tom and Jana
        1997 3988
        "Full Circle"
        Camano Island, WA

Comment

Tom
          the 47 is very sought for and great boat...have you thought about a broker ?? I would highly recommend Dan Byrd at Fairhaven Yacht Sales his cell is 1-509-929-3535
          A lot of "BOC"members know him and bought their boats thru him."....Google luck Brad
          Brad & Sharon
          Lady Jake
          1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
          LaConner,Wa. (summer)
          2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
          kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

• janas
            janas commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Brad, yes, Dan sold our 3988 for us in record time! He is searching for us as well. If we find something we will certainly be purchasing with Dan's help. He is phenomenal!!

We purchased our 4788 from "Amy" at Banana Belt Boats, she knows 4788's very well, is a straight shooter and you can trust her. I learned about her from positive comments on another forum a couple of years ago. She will be able to find you what you want

Comment

• janas
            janas commented
            Editing a comment
            We know Amy and at one time had our 3988 listed with her. They weren't able to get it sold and went with Dan Byrd of Fairhaven Yachts and he had a buyer for us in three weeks! He's on the lookout for us now!

+1 on Dan Byrd. There are also a couple of listings on Seattle Craigslist.
          seattle boats "bayliner 4788" - craigslist
          1991 57 Widebody Tollycraft "Solana"
          Formerly:
          Ladysmith, BC
          Michelle

Comment

+1 on Dan Byrd. There are also a couple of listings on Seattle Craigslist.
            seattle boats "bayliner 4788" - craigslist
            1991 57 Widebody Tollycraft "Solana"
            Formerly:
            Ladysmith, BC
            Michelle

Comment

You might consider expanding your search. I bought mine in Florida and even after shipping it was still less than the PNW. And there were many available in the NW at that time.

Comment

2007 Meridian 490 being advertised by Crows Nest (Dale Partna) - http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2007...s#.WinqtbS7818

This boat has been for sale for a fairly long time and may still be down in Portland (if not it was for the last year or so). We looked at and actually made an offer on this boat over the summer, but the seller was not willing to negotiate at the time. I have seen the boat advertised on craigslist at least as low as $329k (if I recall correctly) and I suspect they might go a bit lower.

The boat seemed to be in excellent mechanical condition (broker in Portland took us out for a sea trial), but there were some cosmetic issues caused by the boat being transported to Portland from the midwest by truck.

Potentially an interesting opportunity, if your budget allows...

BTW, we worked with Dale on the purchase of our 490 and sale of our previous boat, he did good work for us.
                GMS
                2008 Meridian 490
                2010 ArrowCat Express 30 (currently for sale)

Comment

• janas
                  janas commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Beautiful boat but way out of our price range! Thank you though!

Plus 1 for Dan Byrd, great guy. Banabelt boats has 3 for sale, ($169 to $230) I’m sure you checked out those, curious if they are no good? Yachtworld.com has pages of 4788, from all over the country, 7 in the northwest. Machog
                1996 4087 Lazy Days
                2007 Walker Bay Genesis Lazy Mac
                2011 Porsche Cayman
                2010 Lexus IS 250C
                2008 Honda Ridgeline

Comment

There’s one in Edmonds that will be coming on the market. I don’t know the year or how soon he will be listing it, but he’s retiring from boating reluctantly. PM me if you want me to contact the owner.
                  P/C Pete
                  Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
                  1988 3818 "GLAUBEN
                  Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
                  1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
                  MMSI 367770440
                  1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
                  Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

• janas
                    janas commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I tried to PM you and I couldn't. We would appreciate any information you could pass on to us concerning this 4788 that might go on the market. Thank you!
                Working...
                X