Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to source hoses for MAN engines used on 5788?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to source hoses for MAN engines used on 5788?

Hi everyone,

I pulled off a raw water pump today to rebuild it and would like to replace the hoses as well. The rebuild kits were easy to source but I haven't been able to find an on-line source for the hoses. Two are straight so I can source parts for them but the third has a couple of bends. Has anyone found an on-line source for MAN engine parts that would include hoses?

Some days I miss those great Hino engines.

Thanks for the help,
    Jim V.
    5788 in Seattle

Jim i have to ask, especially as we have bounced around the idea of moving to a 5788...

Does Man not have good distribution channels in the US? Or are you specifically looking for online sources?

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY
    SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

MAN seems to have pretty descent distribution channels. The issue is more that there are not a lot of low cost generic or common parts available for the engines, though some of us on the forum are finding more and more options through a lot of research. Depending on the part the savings are substantial. Regardless of the MAN parts, the 5788 is an incredible boat with so much to offer for a pretty affordable price. It’s well built with a lot of room and comfort.

I hope this helps,

BJ
      OMEGA
      BJ
      OMEGA

Comment

I have to agree with BJ that the 5788 is an incredible boat especially for the cost.
        I haven't been able to find as many parts online however as I could for the Hinos.
        BJ, where would you source the bent hose that I'm looking for?

Cheers,
        Jim V.

Comment

Hi Jim,

I have dealt with several companies... I’ve dealt with RDI in Seattle when I’ve needed something locally, but have had pretty good luck with a couple of places I found through BOATDIESEL.COM that are on the east coast that seem to be very helpful.., one is Mike at Bayside Diesel Service in Connecticut.

I hope this helps,
          BJ
          BJ
          OMEGA

Comment

Thanks BJ. You are quite helpful.
            Joe
            2001 5288
            Lucky Liner ll

Comment

Working...
            X