4588 Cable routing to Radar Arch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4588 Cable routing to Radar Arch

Does anyone know the best way to route wiring and cables from the starboard side of the salon to the radar arch on the fly bridge on a 4588? I'm installing a TV on the Starboard side of the salon, and looking for a way to route the antenna cable up to the radar arch. I don't see an obvious pathway to access/use.

There is a pathway that goes through the ceiling where the angled wood is adjacent to the stereo. It is a pain to fish up thru there but it exists. On my 45 there is a coax for the VHF radio from the pilot house. I have run wires across to the other side and up to the fly bridge as well. If you go up the port side you go across under the steps down to the staterooms and fish it through the locker on the end of the mid state room. That feeds up under the pilot house seat and on mine if you take off the magazine rack in the PH there is a hole to the flybridge helm then it's a run in the wall behind the settee through the access hole to the arch. The inspection plate that gives access to the arch bolts is a good way to feed part of it at a time. I use a wire fish then pull the coax thru versus trying to fish the coax. Mostly you need to take the back panels out of the cabinet next to the ice maker you can see where the wires run.

Comment

There are several ways to run wires. When I ran cables to the arch for tv in my prior boat (a 4588), I ran it down the port side fo the arch , along the side fo the bridge and into the area under the fly bridge helm, where there is a pass thru on the far port side, and runs down to wall under the pilot house seat. There is an inspection access hatch under the seat you can generally grab the cable through. From there, I continued the wiring under the door threshold where ther is another pass thru from under the seat.. It exits under the pilot house dash where you can run it to the opposite side and under th opposite door sill to the cabinet behind the ac power panel. From there it’s a piece of cake, as you can run wires from behind the cabinet into the wall behind the stereo down to the outer wall behind th inspection panel in the cabinet under the bar sink. Then you can run cable anywhere’s you want in the starboard cabinets, Regardless of how you feed your wiring, the best investment is in a small “fish tape”. You can get one from any hadware store, I carry a 25ft tape and find I use it for a lot of things. Very handy to have.

i hole this helps...

BJ
      OMEGA
      BJ
      OMEGA

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I wondered if the radio antenna cable was routed up through the starboard side which makes sense since it is the shorter route to the antenna mounted on top of the radar arch. When I'm down at the boat next I'll take my wire fish and see if I can find the path way. If the whole project turns out as expected, I'll have a new side starboard cabinet that a flat screen will raises up out of when all done. This winter is the fun project, last winter I replaced both leaking fresh water tanks, which is a NO fun job.

Comment

Working...
        X