Mufflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mufflers

Looking for recommendations for mufflers for v6 powered 3270. currently the boat has straight through rubber style mufflers. These are much noisier than I am comfortable with. Anyone have experience with the fibreglass chambered ones?
    1980 Bayliner 3270 "Goose Bumps"
    Twin 4.3 V6
    Coal Harbour, Vancouver

Hi Ray
    vernatone or centek are makers of marine mufflers not sure what size maby 3.5 x ?? Not sure how much room you have,they should be able to help.
    I know about the noise level,our can mufflers gave out so I went without (straight ehaust ) start up at dock got everyones attention !! Only lasted one season wife said I was not a teenager anymore remember "cherry bombs"
    Brad & Sharon
    Lady Jake
    1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
    Anacortes/La Conner, Wa.

Comment

Brad, you just dated yourself!!!
      To bad we used those cherry bomb mufflers, I can't hear s*** now because of all the noise we put ourselves through!
      Even at that I like my boat as quiet as possible!
      Don
      1995 Maxum 2400 SCR LUNA DE MIEL
      1988 Bayliner 2455 (sold)
      1976 Tahiti 16.5 I/O (sold)
      10 ft livingston (lost in fire )
      1987 18ft. Seaswirl cuddy (lost in fire)
      "Is it better to be on a boat thinking about God, or be in church thinking about boating?"

Comment

Spoke with a gentleman at MJ Marine Exhaust in Ferndale. They build fiberglass mufflers. He could not tell me how much quieter the exhaust would be. I would hate to spend the money and only have a slight improvement. Anyone using this style of muffler (multi chamber straight through) that can comment?
        Twin 4.3 V6
        Coal Harbour, Vancouver

Comment

Hi Ray
          you might give a call to. North Harbor Marine. 1-360-293-5551. At one time they sold an inline muffler and should be able to answer your concerns.
          Brad & Sharon
          Lady Jake
          1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
          Anacortes/La Conner, Wa.

Comment

There are many available on Ebay. Search with the exhaust hose diameter to narrow the search. I found one for my 3288 this way (and cheap). See that for example:
            https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marine-Boat...JXRJHt&vxp=mtr
            NILE
            1989 3288MY 305's US Marine
            Fort Lauderdale Florida

Comment

found a Centek brochure on-line. It actually has some sound comparison numbers for their various levels and style of mufflers. range from "Fair" to "Best" of course the "best come with a premium price. But at least there are some hard numbers to compare.
              Twin 4.3 V6
              Coal Harbour, Vancouver

Comment

Fisheries supply in Seattle has a wide asst. of mufflers, look online.

https://www.fisheriessupply.com/magma-2017
                Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
                Twin 350 GM power
                Located in Seward, AK
                Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Working...
                X