38xx propane system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

38xx propane system

Could anyone who has original propane system onboard post some pictures of tank location on flybridge and picture of valve system and piping. One of my winter projects is to move propane tank upstars.

My 1988 3870 came from the factory with all electric.
    Happy Boating
    Richard
    1988 3870 Bayliner

Comment

Would be interesting to see how the factory was. Mine was all electric although I have converted to propane. Installed the cutoff switch to right of sink and the tank is in an enclosure on hard top.
      Sean
      1987 3870
      Crimson Pride II
      Past Commodore Mukilteo Yacht Club
      MMSI: 338080226

Comment

The original was a horizontal tank to stb under the fly bridge helm.
        The hose goes down the hawse pipe as well as the wire to the FB, pipe near the lower helm, they were all taped together, all my original wiring is still in there as well as all the new wiring.
        Last edited by boatworkfl; 11-30-2017, 03:55 PM.
        Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
        Twin 350 GM power
        Located in Seward, AK
        Retired marine surveyor

Comment

I will try to get a picture, I have that old installation, the sideways tank on the left, under the flybridge dash that looks like it's from the cold war. Have the switch inside, everything works flawlessly. I know you are supposed to get your tanks tested and re-certified. I have thought about increasing capacity, using a fiberglass see through tank, with the intention of adding propane heat. Still thinking year after year...yawn. Little bottles are a pain but anyway. Some day.

Comment

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...hwIXJrOuST4nUN

propane tank regulations
            Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
            Twin 350 GM power
            Located in Seward, AK
            Retired marine surveyor

Comment

I just use 2 of the standard 20lb tanks(one at a time) with a solenoid by the tanks on command bridge starboard forward. The hose runs down to the lower helm and off to the stove/oven. The solenoid control is up near the top left of the fridge(not great on sunny days as the display gets washed out).
              I also have a propane detector sensor(part of the solenoid) under the stove/oven just to keep my eye on things.
              1988 3870
              Hino 4 cyl 210 turbos (upgrade)
              Hull extension
              LIves in Powell River

Comment

Working...
              X