Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bid on a 91 4387-gctid400778

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Just bid on a 91 4387-gctid400778

    I sold about everything I owned and I just came to a price agreement with the owner and the broker is sending me a contract . I guess next is a survey open water and a short hull. I sold a 26ft single screw. Now this 4387 has twin hino's . The owner made a big deal that it's been serviced by a mechanic named Earl. The owner can't help me with the boat but has a friend who will show me the ropes. I'm very nervous about spending all I have but I feel I'm getting a good price and it only has 2000 hrs. Anything I should do threw the survey and purchase of my Bayliner. I hope to do the loop and meet some of you soon.

    Thanks

    Dav

    #2
    Who is this Earl you speak of ?

    Good luck with your purchase and I'm jealous.

    Comment


      #3
      well earl is the best hino mechanic you can get, so thats a nice +. He probably knows the boat well, he visits this forum regularly.

      Comment


        #4
        Maybe you should ping earl here on the boc he is could probably give you some insight on the boat. He follows here on boc.
        1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
        twin 454's
        MV Mar-Y-Sol
        1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
        Twin chevy 350's inboard
        Ben- Jamin
        spokane Washington

        Comment


          #5
          mrmomdav wrote:
          I sold about everything I owned and I just came to a price agreement with the owner and the broker is sending me a contract . I guess next is a survey open water and a short hull. I sold a 26ft single screw. Now this 4387 has twin hino's . The owner made a big deal that it's been serviced by a mechanic named Earl. The owner can't help me with the boat but has a friend who will show me the ropes. I'm very nervous about spending all I have but I feel I'm getting a good price and it only has 2000 hrs. Anything I should do threw the survey and purchase of my Bayliner. I hope to do the loop and meet some of you soon.

          Thanks

          Dav
          David,

          See my reply to your post in the Tech. Section and pm me if you have any questions.

          Comment


            #6
            I would go through the survey with a fine toothed comb.. we did a dozen times finding errors left and right.. I highlighted everything we found a-miss.... turns out our surveyor "cut&pasted" a survey from 3yrs prior and called it good. Many errors that came into our favor from the current condition we got it in.... also.. ask for a haul out to check the bottom and have it cleaned and new zincs installed...

            Comment


              #7
              I'm not sure what you mean about the surveyor. I hope to be there when he goes threw. I'm having it short hulled and the owner said he would pay for a power wash. I'am a little nervous about the surveyor the dock mast where the boat is and I'll be staying for a while recommended this guy. Thanks for your response..

              David

              Comment


                #8
                mrmomdav wrote:
                I sold about everything I owned and I just came to a price agreement with the owner and the broker is sending me a contract . I guess next is a survey open water and a short hull. I sold a 26ft single screw. Now this 4387 has twin hino's . The owner made a big deal that it's been serviced by a mechanic named Earl. The owner can't help me with the boat but has a friend who will show me the ropes. I'm very nervous about spending all I have but I feel I'm getting a good price and it only has 2000 hrs. Anything I should do threw the survey and purchase of my Bayliner. I hope to do the loop and meet some of you soon.

                Thanks

                Dav
                I bought the boat and am getting ready to head to Fl. Thanks to Earl..
                2001 4788
                1991 4387
                Twin Hino 250
                Don't let anyone steal your happy
                Capt. Dave

                Comment


                  #9
                  What is a short hull? Is this a brief haul out?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    whiskywizard wrote:
                    What is a short hull? Is this a brief haul out?
                    I suspect he meant "short haul" - which typically means the boat is pulled but left in the straps at the water's edge while the survey is completed.
                    ________________
                    1989 Bayliner 3270

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Sounds like Earl gave him "thumbs up".
                      Two C's 1990 3888 MY, 175 Hinos, Hurth 630 Trannys
                      Past Commodore Emerald Rose Yacht Club
                      Member International Order of the Blue Gavel
                      MMSI: 338030604

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Congrats on your new home. Here's hoping she is good to you!

                        Any feedback on dealing with Earl is appreciated here. His name is highly respected here. I am considering having him pay me a visit when in the Pacific North West.

                        Rick

                        1994 3288 "Audie Oas"

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Rick O wrote:
                          Congrats on your new home. Here's hoping she is good to you!

                          Any feedback on dealing with Earl is appreciated here. His name is highly respected here. I am considering having him pay me a visit when in the Pacific North West.

                          Rick

                          1994 3288 "Audie Oas"
                          This thread should answer your question.

                          http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...eat-impression

                          Doug
                          Started boating 1955
                          Number of boats owned 32
                          Bayliners
                          2655
                          2755
                          2850
                          3870 presently owned
                          Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

                          Comment


                            #14
                            good luck dave .you have a nice craft ..... as mine is a 1994 and i have done a LOT OF UPDATES .... there is very little difference between years mostly decor ...if you have any questions my email is [email protected] .....THANKS
                            NEIL S

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Hello Everyone, We just had dinner with Dave in New Symrna Beach Fl. on Monday and looked and fixed some oil leaks and sent him headed south. He should be crossing Lake Okechobee to Ft Meyers Beach in the next couple days. I hope to hitch a ride across for a day or 2.. I love seeing people living their dream and being part of it.. Thats why its great to live and see America !!!Cheers to all!!!! Earl International

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X