Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner Door Hardware

Hello All,

I have a 1986 Bayliner 3270. The handle on the sliding door to access the main cabin, is constantly needing re-tightened, etc..., and the locking mechanism on the door to the head has gone bad. Does anyone know of any dealers where I can find these 2 items? I have attached pics of both items that I am looking for.

Any information is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!!

Bobby Wilson
    La Cigale
    Bobby Wilson
    1986 Bayliner 3270
    Gold Looper 2017

Try Jamestown Distributors. Perko manufacturers a lot of replacement hardware.
    R.J.(Bob) Evans
    Buchanan, SK
    Cierra 2755
    Previously 43 Defever, Response LX
    Various runabouts, canoes & kayaks

Comment

the locking mechanism on the door to the head was bad on mine too until I took it apart and cleaned and lightly lubed it. Works almost like new now.
      Newport, Oregon
      South Beach Marina
      1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
      Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
      Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

I had three bad latches on my 3870.Both staterooms and the head. I disassembled all of them and found a small locking piece made of pot metal and the ears would break off.
        i bought a new assembly and found that Perko had changed the design and made it much better. If you call Perko customer service they can supply individual parts so you don’t need to buy the complete latch assembly.

i have not found a source for parts on the main salon door. I was looking for the outer plate but will probably just get it rechromed.
        Gibraltar, Mi.
        1986- 3870- Hino 175's
        1988 26' Shamrock/ Diesel
        14' Zodiac Bay Runner

Comment

Thank you all for your insight. I did find the latch for the head door through Jamestown Distributors. They are selling that for around $100. I did a quick google of the part, and found one on Amazon for around $66 + shipping. I did see where West Marine is offering the Regular bevel with Cam for $18, but not sure if that is all I need. Will do a little research and see if I can get away with just replacing some parts/pieces.

The salon door, well that is a needle in a haystack. I will report back if I find anyone who carries them.

Thanks again for your help on this!!
          Bobby Wilson
          1986 Bayliner 3270
          Gold Looper 2017

Comment

http://thebrassworksinc.com/
            https://www.boatoutfitters.com/hardw...-door-hardware
            https://greatlakesskipper.com/oem-pa...bayliner-boats

There is some lady named Zazz (best guess) that has helped people here, but I can't remember if she does just the keys.

Comment

I got my extra keys from her. However she could not help with the plate or hardware for a 3870. But a 3270 might have different dimensions so I would contact her. Let us know if she helps with the hardware.
              Gibraltar, Mi.
              1986- 3870- Hino 175's
              1988 26' Shamrock/ Diesel
              14' Zodiac Bay Runner

Comment

Bobby
                from the looks of the salon door pic's ( ours is the same ) so I'd say 32,38,45 from 85 to 87 would be the same?? On our salon door handle theirs a screw at the end of the handle that screws into the brass? shaft.hope this helps. Good luck Brad
                Brad & Sharon
                Lady Jake
                1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
                Anacortes/La Conner, Wa.

Comment

Working...
                X