Problem with Hynautic ECS - no pressure in one throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Hynautic ECS - no pressure in one throttle

Lost ability to throttle down the port engine on the 4788 with Hynautic ECS. Tech came out to the boat today and found zero pressure at the bleed valve on the port engine throttle at the lower and upper helm despite showing 100psi at the reservoir. Starboard throttle and both transmission controls work just fine. He suspects a bad check valve under the reservoir or perhaps a bad filter. Does this sound right? Any other possible reasons?

There's no sign of a fluid leak anywhere.

Thanks.
    Evan
    2001 Bayliner 4788 "Fifty / Fifty II"
    League City, TX

Since I’m not on the boat right now, and do not have the schematic in my head...

It seems that there is some point where the two sides (really four systems total) separate from each other.

Then you would have four series hydraulic circuits that each have a pressure feed teed off of them. (It seems that the pressure feed would do nothing unless there is a leak)

I can see where you would have a check valve from the main resivour for each of the four system (port throttle, port, trans, stbd throttle, stbd trans).

That makes logical sense to me.

So...

If one circuit failed it seems to me that you would have to have both a leak, and a failed check valve. If there is a filter inline with each of these circuits from the resivour that could be plugged as well, but I’m pretty sure you are going to have to have a leak somewhere as there is no other reason to have the fluid drain from that circuit making it inoperative.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    www.transferswitch4less.com

Whats the weather like on our boat
    https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where are we right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

Working...
    X