Redesigned 4788 lower helm dash panel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redesigned 4788 lower helm dash panel

I completed the latest small project. A couple of Aetna digital tachs plus with two Maretron 4” screens configured to show boost, EGT, fuel tank level and fuel pressure after the Racor. I kept the legacy dials for oil pressure, coolant temperature, and battery voltage even though these values are also available on the NMEA network.
    Last edited by ksanders; 12-14-2017, 07:32 PM.
    Evan
    2001 Bayliner 4788 "Fifty / Fifty II"
    League City, TX

Very nice clean look!

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

Well done!
      2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
      12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
      MV Kia Orana
      Currently Alameda CA

Comment

Wow! NIce, Evan . . . . . now that is one good project . . . you made it look very professional too! Congrats!
        1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - just a rockin' an'a rollin'
        Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
        WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
        James H. Stradling

Comment

• egbauman
          egbauman commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks James. A lot of the credit needs to go to Mike Hood at A PLUS Graphics. He created the new center panel and laser cut all of the cutouts for the instruments.

Evan,
        Did you reuse your existing tach wiring and just hook it up to the new digital tachs? Aetna says to use a twisted pair of wires???
        Steve
        2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
        12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
        MV Kia Orana
        Currently Alameda CA

Comment

Originally posted by egbauman View Post
          I completed the latest small project. A couple of Aetna digital tachs plus with two Maretron 4” screens configured to show boost, EGT, fuel tank level and fuel pressure after the Racor. I kept the legacy dials for oil pressure, coolant temperature, and battery voltage even though these values are also available on the NMEA network.
          Hey Evan,

Your upgrade looks awesome.... Can you share the sensors and such you used for the boost, EGT, etc? Did you use all maretron parts?

~BJ
          BJ
          OMEGA

Comment

• egbauman
            egbauman commented
            Editing a comment
            BJ - it's all Maretron. I have a TMP100 and used their stock EGT sensors. I also have an FPM100 which does the turbo boost, fuel level, and fuel pressure for both engines.

Very nice!

I also just completed a project that includes a new panel from Mike at A PLUS Graphics.

Installed a iPad mount from Guardian Avionics in the port side of the dash of our 490. I really like how polished the mount looks, and how easy it is to get the iPad in and out (while being held securely).

Still need to install the NMEA to WiFi converter to pull GPS and AIS from the Standard Horizon - once that is finished we will have a completely redundant system (minus radar) for navigation. In the meantime, the iPad GPS works great, but it will be cool to display AIS targets on the iPad too.
          GMS
          2008 Meridian 490
          2010 ArrowCat Express 30 (sold)

Comment

• ddorsett
            ddorsett commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice looking panel! Interested in your defroster vents: under-dash defroster fan/heater? Not liking so much the standard 12v fans myself and thinking about a replacement.

Dave

That turned out wonderfully!

I was trying to picture how that would look and it's a LOT better than I even imagined. What a great use for an old iPad laying around. I wish I got to see more of these. I build hundreds each year, but only get to see the finished products a few times a year. Thanks!

I may have to order one of those iPad mounts myself.
          Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

ddorsett - The defroster vents are from the reverse cycle heat/air systems that came standard on Meridian 490s. That said, there is TONS of space behind the dash that would allow for after-market options to be installed (may take some creativity to access, but the space is definitely available).
            GMS
            2008 Meridian 490
            2010 ArrowCat Express 30 (sold)

Comment

Working...
            X