Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I remove remove fabric covered panels and sette back cushions in 2000 5288?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I remove remove fabric covered panels and sette back cushions in 2000 5288?

I am in process of upgrading the interior of my recently purchased 5288. Would like to reupholster the upper bolsters that run lengthwise on stbd and port sides as well as above aft bulkhead/window in main salon. Has anyone removed these before.

Also, would like to remove back cushions of main salon settee and pilot house sette. Upolstery guy is not sure how things come apart.

Thanks, Mike

Did you figure out how to do this? I'm interested in reupholstering mine as well.
    Jacqueline Z
    Cassiopeia
    1999 Bayliner 5288

Comment

We have a 5788, have not done the cushions yet, thinking about removing it all and bringing in normal furniture. on the window valances we did them in place with a 90 degree drill and screws. The top we used a flat plastic putty knife to tuck material in place.

Comment

When I redid my upper valences, I made/installed removable valences that I could change whenever I wanted with minimal effort. Though I tore apart nearly every panel and cabinet in the boat, I chose to leave the bolsters in place, as each posed its own challenge that I didn’t want to really deal with, I attached a couple picture if it helps.

~BJ
        OMEGA

Click image for larger version  Name:	F62AAE62-FD3B-49FE-9C1E-99DA06AA590F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	198.9 KB ID:	494121Click image for larger version  Name:	30837410-1322-48F5-9E59-6D22AD5DBF10.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	163.6 KB ID:	494122
        BJ
        OMEGA

Comment

Working...
        X