LED lighting 4588-gctid400237

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED lighting 4588-gctid400237

We are replacing all 24 cabin lights from WWW.HERO-LEDStore.com. I ordered (5) side pin G4 12V warm white 20W units and (5) MR16 GU5.3 12v Bulb Connectors for a test. They work great. Mount so wire and LED is as high in fixture as possible. Replace lens. The Lens will diffuse the LED so all you get is a warm glow.

I replaced all my lights in the ceiling with cool white LEDs from superbrightled.com. The cool whites are brighter where you can see a visual of the bulb in the fixture. The warm whites may not do that. I was trying to brighten the boat up a little more. Now I need to clean my carpet...YIKES!

Comment

pizze1 wrote:
      I replaced all my lights in the ceiling with cool white LEDs from superbrightled.com. The cool whites are brighter where you can see a visual of the bulb in the fixture. The warm whites may not do that. I was trying to brighten the boat up a little more. Now I need to clean my carpet...YIKES!
      Our 'warm white' bulbs just arrived today so we'll see how they look this weekend. Your carpet looks great and your engine room? I won't say it's clean enough to eat off of, but the five second rule definitely applies.

Comment

MRW3888 wrote:
        We are replacing all 24 cabin lights from http://"http://WWW.HERO-LEDStore.com...O-LEDStore.com. I ordered (5) side pin G4 12V warm white 20W units and (5) MR16 GU5.3 12v Bulb Connectors for a test. They work great. Mount so wire and LED is as high in fixture as possible. Replace lens. The Lens will diffuse the LED so all you get is a warm glow.
        Let me know how the side pin lights work. Ours from Hero were too big for the fixtures. Am very happy with the back pin versions though (5 led version works well for salon and pilot house).
        David
        1990 4588 "Salty Dog"
        Past Commodore Puget Sound YC

Comment

Working...
        X