Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you remove the salon door on a 3888?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you remove the salon door on a 3888?

I need to take the salon door off to replace my refrigerator, but am not sure how to take the salon door off. Can anyone help or send me a pic?

There was a how to on the old software, I think. Generally, because my memory has been called infirm from time to time, the lower casters adjust from the ends of the door and need to be raised so that the door drops, I believe there is a removable rail on the cockpit side of the tracks. Then the door can be lifted a bit and the bottom rotated aft then down and the door should be free. It’s going to take a couple of you to handle it as it tilts forward and will throw a single person off balance.
    If I see something different when I get to the boat next, like tomorrow or Saturday, I’ll update.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Just testing the new software
      1988 3818
      EH 700
      Custom hard top enclosed

Comment

Take the face plate off it has a few screws than there is 5 screws that are vertical the one in the middle of the track is hard to get on my 38 I have to remove the door stop so it opens a little more than pull the bottom out with track and you have it removed I pulled mine few day ago and got the size of the rollers
        cheers
        Roy
        SE Alaska
        1988 3818
        EH 700
        Custom hard top enclosed

Comment

You must remove the bottom metal runner which is in two parts, a trim strip and the runner itself. Remove the trim first then slide the door back and forth to access all of the track runner screws. Pull the bottom of the door rearward and the track and door will come out.
          Jim Gandee
          1989 3888
          Hino 175's
          Fire Escape
          [email protected]
          Alamitos Bay, SoCal

Comment

Make sure that you protect the cockpit floor with carpet or similar. The door is quite heavy, and the job is easier with 2 people, particularly during installation where the door and track have to be lifted in place simultaneously.
            Rob
            Bayliner 5788
            'Merlin V'
            Vancouver BC

Comment

I have removed the fridge from my 38 without removing the door.
              It will fit through, if you remove the upholstered end cover of the seat (on the left as you walk inside).

Comment

Working...
              X