Tunnels2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunnels2

It appears that the previous tunnels thread starts on post 1 instead of the last post for some reason when I look it up.
    So it is tunnels2 now.
    Last edited by boatworkfl; 11-09-2017, 02:59 PM.
    Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
    Twin 350 GM power
    Located in Seward, AK
    Retired marine surveyor

This switch has me all messed up, all my posts for tunnels discussion will still be just "tunnels2. It appears I cannot change tunnels2 to just tunnels!

Sorry about any confusion. I am still trying to get used to the new system, as I did the last time it was changed by surprise.

I just finished building my new workshop, now I will set up for the fabrication of some more tunnels.
    I have 2 sets sold, and a list of interested persons.
    I am not going to try to do a hard sell on the thread, but I will state that I will be building more.
    I will post in items for sale the price of the tunnels per pair which will be $750.00
    I will post a photo of one of the tunnels.
    Performance including speed increase which one member (RDOIII) stated about 1.5 either MPH or KNTS ? at cruising speed.
    Fuel consumption data when available, but that number should improve the MPG.
    I did not install my tunnels this summer as I discovered my wet transom, so I will next summer solve that issue as well as build 2 new fiberglass narrow water tanks to replace my aluminum tank on my 3870 in the same location as the original.
    The top of the aluminum tank looked like a sieve
    I also need to replace my cross bar for rudder control, it is rusted severely.
    Glad to be back in Florida, Seward AK was cooler and wetter than normal in late August and early Sept..
    Lengthy post but I lost several posts in the transition to this new site.
    This site format will getting some used to, to say the least.
    Photo's inclusion is different.

boatworkfl

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
    Twin 350 GM power
    Located in Seward, AK
    Retired marine surveyor

Comment

I finished my new work shop for the tunnels, I will order materials next week. I have 2 confirmed orders and several seriously interested as well as a few waiting for more data but interested. I cannot post the interested list unless those interested say so. If you do want a pair of tunnels they are $750.00 a pair plus shipping. The main body of the tunnel is at least 3/8" and the flange at least 1/2". no bracing is needed. So far the first set gave the owner about 1.5 knots more speed, but the fuel savings paper got wet and was lost, per RDOIII One big advantage was eliminating or nearly eliminating the rooster tail. That translates to FWD thrust and makes towing a dingy much easier If your interested in a pair of tunnels for your 38XX let me know, I do not know if they fit the 43' Bayliners. My hands are going bad so I do not know how log I will be doing this. PM if interested and I will give you my email address and phone number. Safe boating for all. Pat boatworkfl

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
      Twin 350 GM power
      Located in Seward, AK
      Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Working...
      X