3888 Water Tank-gctid828467

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3888 Water Tank-gctid828467

Hi All, I noticed that some of the 3888 Series M/Y are reported to have plastic water tanks. I searched the Bayliner parts archive and the part number does not change from 1989 to 1993, the last year produced.

Does anyone know if they actually installed plastic tanks on the later models?

Curious minds....

Cheers, Gary
    Afterglow 4788
    Gary Weiss
    Sidney BC
    ArbutusCoastYachts.com

To the best of my knowledge the plastic tanks are either auxiliary tanks, like under the master bunk or the aluminum tanks have been replaced. An ugly job I'm not looking forward to.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Yes... My 1993 has plastic black and fresh water tanks..... My recollection is when I was looking @ 38's that 1991 and up 3888 had the plastic factory installed... maybe it was 89... and the 4 cyl hino was a 91 up deal...

Comment

I have an 89 and it definately has an aluminum water tank. I hope it never leaks!
        Jim Gandee
        1989 3888
        Hino 175's
        Fire Escape
        [email protected]
        Alamitos Bay, SoCal

Comment

"Jim Gandee" post=828608 wrote:
          I have an 89 and it definately has an aluminum water tank. I hope it never leaks!
          They came aluminium tanks and having recently replaced my aluminium tank with new plastic food grade tanks I can say that the old tanks are difficult to remove,
          Hugh
          1990 3888
          Hino 175 Diesels

Comment

"Jim Gandee" post=828608 wrote:
            Get a cell phone and go into the small hatch in the port stateroom and take several photo's on the bottom center, then take photo's of the top, my top has more holes than the bottom.

Use a hose and try and rinse all the salt air crusts on the top and bottom and sides.
            Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
            Twin 350 GM power
            Located in Seward, AK
            Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Working...
            X