120V burner elements on Princess Stove.-gctid827889

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

120V burner elements on Princess Stove.-gctid827889

About two years ago I replaced all three of the crusty ill-heating burner elements on my Princess stove top with the same elements that the previous owner had installed. I bought them at Lowes and they were cheap. Then I listened to my wife complain four the past year that they took for ever to heat. Following the last expression of dissatisfaction, I noted that the elements I had installed were actually 220V 1150 watts. So I ordered two 120V 1100 watt elements and a 120v 550 watt for the rear burner and installed a few days ago. WOW! now they heat instantly and actually glow! $23.00 each but a great expenditure.

Looks like you found a cure for the notoriously slow 110 vac Princess stove top. Thanks for sharing.

Greg
    Newport, Oregon
    South Beach Marina
    1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
    Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
    Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

Where did you order them from?

Comment

I don't think it's a cure for slow 110v burners. It's a cure for trouble shooting why 220v household burners don't work as replacements. Sure Marine has replacements.
        1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Working...
        X