Duplex Wireless radios-gctid399992

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplex Wireless radios-gctid399992

Am interested in purchasing a duplex wireless radio to enable my wife and I to communicate without shouting when we're docking, anchoring etc. It seems there would be a number of options that use bluetooth, although I haven't found anything that would meet my needs. Does anyone have any experience with the Eartec Simultalk 24G Duplex Wireless Intercom system? They're a little pricey at $300 for a pair, but if they do the job then it would be worth it. I notice they have other headsets available.

Thanks.

Mike

Sea Shanti

1990 3288MY

We've had the Eartecs for 4 years. They are a bit pricey but I think they are the best out there.

Comment

Second endorsement for the Eartec units. We've had their last generation units since 2007 and they have worked very well. The admiral is much happer now that we have a "no shouting" boat. The stress level on the boat went way down. We always use them when we're going through the Ballard locks. Leslie is in the cockpit and I'm in the pilothouse. I talk to her and let her know what side we'll be tying to and when we get close to where she's supposed to tie down. It also helps that she can talk to me when we're untying and let me know when to pull away.

Highly recommended.

Jim V.

'88 4518 in Seattle.

Comment

3rd endorsement. Saved our marriage or, at the very least, kept us on the water. From a safety stand point, I can't see my wife when she's on the swim step if I'm on the flybridge because of the cockpit hardtop. With the radios we communicate smoothly, she's able to talk me in, there's no shouting , no frayed nerves and no entrtaining the marina anymore. All good things in my book!

Comment

Fourth endorsement,

My wife and I use the Eartec 24G system for the same activities listed by others above. We also employ them when other crew are releving my wife. They work great and help to insure safe docking and anchoring. They are especially appreciated when it is noisy (we are both hard of hearing) and when we are out of sight of each other on the boat / docks.

Comment

Meant2Be wrote:
            3rd endorsement. Saved our marriage or, at the very least, kept us on the water. From a safety stand point, I can't see my wife when she's on the swim step if I'm on the flybridge because of the cockpit hardtop. With the radios we communicate smoothly, she's able to talk me in, there's no shouting , no frayed nerves and no entrtaining the marina anymore. All good things in my book!
            +1 as well. We really like ours (the non-4g version for us).
            David
            1990 4588 "Salty Dog"
            Past Commodore Puget Sound YC

Comment

Working...
            X