Moving On, Selling Our 4788-gctid827555

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving On, Selling Our 4788-gctid827555

This isn't a sales announcement so much as a goodbye. People here have been tremendous over the last three plus years helping us get Surprise properly fitted out for living aboard and cruising. As much as we love her, we've come to realize that we can't really live aboard and use her the way we intended so, we've decided to downsize. We're going to buy a place in North Carolina near the ICW and go to a much smaller boat for exploring the marshes. We're working on a proper sales notice and will post on Boats for Sale soon.
    Steve & Cary Sober
    Woodstock, VA
    SURPRISE
    2000 Bayliner 4788
    Cummins 370's
    Achilles 350DX with Eurohelm and 20HP Tohatsu
    Kent Island, MD

Best to you and your wife Steve!
    Jim Gandee
    1989 3888
    Hino 175's
    Fire Escape
    [email protected]
    Alamitos Bay, SoCal

Comment

Wilmington, Wrightsville and the Carolina Beach areas are fun boating locations in North Carolina. If you are an aviation enthusiast, I have a like new home for sale that I built in 2016 in an aviation community called Stag Airpark. The Cape Fear River is very close and the Intracoastal is not far.

Rod

Comment

Rod, you nailed it. We're under contract for a winter home in Carolina Shores, NC! If we join a boat club we'll have boats from Charleston to Cape Fear. Maybe when we get down there and settled in we can meet and you can let us pick your brain?
        Steve & Cary Sober
        Woodstock, VA
        SURPRISE
        2000 Bayliner 4788
        Cummins 370's
        Kent Island, MD

Comment

Always a gut wrenching decision. Best of luck.
          Joe
          2001 5288
          Lucky Liner ll

Comment

Joe,

You're right, it's tough. We've spent three years and have just about completed every project to bring her up to serious cruise ready. What's left is pretty trivial. But, it's not right for us if we can't both spend months aboard. My arthritis and age have crept up on me and I can't really do the usual maintenance anymore. We've had marvelous, caring, competent and fair care from our mechanic and his crew, but they're not willing to accompany us while cruising and we don't have THAT much space! (lol)
            Steve & Cary Sober
            Woodstock, VA
            SURPRISE
            2000 Bayliner 4788
            Cummins 370's
            Kent Island, MD

Comment

Sorry to here that, always sad when a dream is not realized. However, we are looking for a 4788 or 4588. Look forward to learning about your boat.
              Hino W06
              St. Louis, MO
              ”It’s A Wonderful Life”

Comment

No need to say goodbye. If you are boating ( or even taking a break) you are always welcome here, regardless of your boat.
                Joel
                1987 3818 Hino 175
                "Knotty Girl"
                Prince Rupert B.C.

Comment

Sorry you are so far away, we are in the market for a 4788. Best of luck!
                  Tom and Jana
                  1994 47’ - No Clue
                  Camano Island, WA

Comment

Working...
                  X