Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmcannonball
    replied
    I use 1 mpg at a cruising speed of 12-13 mph for planning purposes. Running at slow speed, 6-8 mph I use 2 mpg.

Leave a comment:

• DryMartini
    replied
    With the 210 hp Hinos in my 3888, I burn about 6 gph in fresh water. The majority of the time is at hull speed with about 10% at 2700 rpm. During long runs at 2700+ I average just over 1 mile/gallon; however, it is hard to calculate accurately because I am on a river and going with and against current.

Leave a comment:

• Jim_Gandee
    replied
    What is a "200 HP Hinos TIA" engine as described?

Smitty,

I believe the OP is incorrect in the HP rating of 200 HP and the TIA is short for "Thanks in Advance".

Leave a comment:

• smitty477
    replied
    I always figured these ranges in neutral seas:

3 nmpg at 6 knots

2 nmpg at 8 knots

1.2 nmpg at 14-15 knots

Seemed we always did a but better than those targets in the long run. This would assume a clean bottom, correct and tuned props, and engines in tune.

We had the 175 Hino 6 cylinder naturals in our 1986 38.

What is a "200 HP Hinos TIA" engine as described?

Leave a comment:

• kwb
    replied
    At my 15kn speed for distance I use 1nmpg to plan around.

Usually is a bit better than that and I am not generally cutting too close on fuel stops.

Leave a comment:

• Pcpete
    replied
    For planning purposes, I use eight gallons an hour. That's with a lot of lower speed operating, ten knots and under but also about 20% at 2800. The last 50 hours actual average was six point five per hour.

Leave a comment:

• stebbs
    started a topic 3888 fuel usage?-gctid827135

3888 fuel usage?-gctid827135

About what type of fuel usage would one expect from a 3888? I think they are 175 or 200 HP Hinos TIA
Working...
X