Need spare props, 4788/490, PNW-gctid827095

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need spare props, 4788/490, PNW-gctid827095

I'd like to have a spare set of props onboard before we head out next spring. Anyone have a reasonable source for spare props in the Pacific North West? Anyone have spare set in the garage or lazarette that you're looking to unload?

Edit: 4-blade Nibral Nakamichi 24x24 2" shaft are OEM on the 4788s and 490s. Ideally, I'd like something already pitched to around 22"-23", but I expect I'll need to balance and re-pitch used props at the local shop.

Thanks,

-Morgan
    1997 Bayliner 4788 "Mostly Harmless"
    Sold: 1990 Bayliner 3888

"The prop shop" can supply you with a set of the original nakashima props, cast in any pitch you want.

If your boat is not quite pitched properly this is a great opportunity to make it just right.

The cost two years ago was about $3700 for the set.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

What shafts do you have? I have a set of 1/34. See my add in classifieds..
      Guntar
      1999 3988
      Cummins 270s

Comment

Specify the shaft size and the pitch, and the number of blades.

Makes it much easier to assist.

You might be surprised what you can find on ebay.

I bought a pair of 4 blade nibral's, new for $350. for my 3870.

I also bought a pair of 3 blade nibrai'sl very good used for $250 used.
        Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
        Twin 350 GM power
        Located in Seward, AK
        Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Morgan's ultimate required best pitch is going to be determined by his exact engines, his current baseline, and the specs on the exact props he ends up with.

In general I believe most 47's will be nest served with a 24" Diameter and 20.5-22" pitch 4 blade nibrals with a 2" shaft.

Knowing his current baseline props and numbers will allow a good prop shop to determine the best fit.

Baseline numbers for the prop shop include: boat length and beam, weight of boat, transmission ratios, exact engine rated rpm and hp, current accurate rpm speeds at a few data points (100 rpm apart) approaching WOT and a WOT rpm number for both engines.
          Northport NY

Comment

For spare I got bronze props instead of the more expensive Nibral for our 47 20 years ago.
            Started boating 1965
            Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

Working...
            X