No announcement yet.

1987 4550 Bayliner in New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone on BOC actually checked this boat out? Curiousity is getting the better of me and actually thinking of taking a ride and look at it. But, rather save the fuel costs and time if the inspection did not go well. Thank you.
    Joseph P Smith aka Joe

Comment

It didn't sell and the ad expired. It's relisted at 37,500 now.
      Charleston, S.C.

Comment

Not too much time left before boats in this area need to be winterized and/or moved.

When looking at 'deal' boats it is best to gain as much information as possible before you make trips.

FWIW - here is an older post we made on that subject.....

I actually have an initial set of boat questions for when I call a boat for sale myself. YMMV but these have worked well for me to sift out the ones I was more interested in pursuing...

- Are all those pictures of your boat?

- Are the machinery hours TT?

- Do you have a full list of all items and options that convey with the boat?

- Are there maintenance records and are they up to date?

- Do you have a full history of the boat? Has it been damaged, partially submerged or seen heavy repairs?

- Can you send me 40-50 hi-res photos of the boat including all of the machinery?

- What is your cruise and max speeds and at what rpm do you see those?

- What currently does not work on the boat?

- Where is the boat currently and in what condition is it stored?

- Do you own this boat or maybe is it under an LLC or partnership? Do you have 100% rights to sell the boat unencumbered?
        Northport NY

Comment

I have asked questions on Ebay can not find a location or a phone number. I would like to talk to owner but no response.

Comment

"jag29boat" post=828127 wrote:
            I have asked questions on Ebay can not find a location or a phone number. I would like to talk to owner but no response.
            There are only 3 marinas in Oakdale so not too many places for that boat to hide - based upon the limited pics of the dock and the size of the boat I would start with Oakdale Yacht and marina if it were me.
            Northport NY

Comment

Same boat has been on CL from east coast to Milwaukee for $10,000

Irony
              1989 Bayliner 4588 - EH700TI
              Portsmouth, NH

Comment

Looks like it didn't sell ?

Comment

It's back on eBay and in true eBay fashion it didn't sell at 39k so it's now 42k

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bayliner-45...RZp2iz&vxp=mtr

Something just doesn't smell right about this whole deal.

Overall this is something to be careful about because if you look at his other ads the pictures he posts are clearly not all of the same boat. I smell a scam.

Charleston, S.C.

Comment

It could be that there's a legit seller as well as one or more trying to make a quick buck from a boat that they are not legally representing. I used to sell airplanes and had this happen a few times. Another broker would get a buyer by implying that they were the main broker. Then they would try to work a deal with me.
                    1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
                    2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
                    Anacortes, WA
                    Isla Verde, PR

Comment

The thing that bothers me too is he has another boat on eBay and the listed pictures aren't all for the same boat. It's like he's trying to make the boat look better than it really is as far as the things it has onboard.
                      Charleston, S.C.

Comment

From the new pictures you can see that the boat is now docked on Guy Lombardo avenue across from the dinner ship Miss Freeport V.
                        Easy to find and somehow the boat moved from Oakdale to here - likely under its own power.
                        Northport NY

Comment

Does say just moved boat, runs fine, 6 hour cruise.
                          Charleston, S.C.

Comment

^^^^

$10,000 on Craigslist.................
                            Irony
                            1989 Bayliner 4588 - EH700TI
                            Portsmouth, NH

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, I did actually go up to Freeport New York to visit that boat a week and a half ago. On Guy Lombardo Avenue. The boat is an extremely rough shape. The forward section in front of the Pilot House on the bow is all soft across the entire bow section. Probably caused by a leak in the hatches. Very little of the electronics work. The stove doesn't work the air conditioners don't work, most everything on the boat doesn't work. The wood on the cockpit section around the aft area would all need to be replaced, not repaired... canvas is all in rough shape. I will tell you that the motors did start, and ran but 30 minutes after being started, they were still smoking. Yanmar generator does in fact have 17 hours on it. But was running rough when I started it.

Comment

I too saw the boat about three weeks ago. Did not bother to have the engines started. A visual tour of the engine room suggested to me the engines had not seen the touch of a socket or wrench in a very long time. Hence the low engine hours from lack of use. As Jeff has indicated, the remainder of the boat will need lots of attention and money. Is it beyond repair? No, of course not. Just will need the dedication of a devoted owner, who will have considerable time to make it right and deep pockets as well. For me, the classic case of the inexpensive boat that will cost more in precious time and money than buying one done.
                                Joseph P Smith aka Joe

Comment

Working...
                                X