reverse cycle-gctid399815

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reverse cycle-gctid399815

My rear reverse cycle unit is acting up...not sure if it ever worked. The front works fine. The rear unit sounds like it wants to work; it spools up the light turns on but the fan is not blowing. Sometimes it throws the breaker. Any advice on where to start? Thanks.

See if the fan will turn by hand....maybe spray a little WD-40 on the shaft it if it's stiff.....And check the wiring connections to make sure they are clean and making good contact.

That's all I got.

Comment

A common failure of the reverse cycle is the failure of the reversing solenoid to reverse. Infrequent use is usually the culprit and smacking it sharply with something that is not too heavy will often free it up. Certainly worth a try.

If it frees up, reverse it occasionally just to keep it free. It only needs a moment's actuation.

Comment

rbmitchell wrote:
        A common failure of the reverse cycle is the failure of the reversing solenoid to reverse. Infrequent use is usually the culprit and smacking it sharply with something that is not too heavy will often free it up. Certainly worth a try.

If it frees up, reverse it occasionally just to keep it free. It only needs a moment's actuation.
        At the risk of sounding stupid, where is that located? I know where all the mechanics are up front, back in the cave I have the thru hull, a pump (that I have repaired once) and that is all I see. In fact, I don't even know where the rear fan is, mainly because I have not looked all that hard. I always forget to care and then it's 90 degrees and I start caring again.

Comment

The reverse cycle solenoid in on the Cruisair unit itself. Its in the freon line and about the size of a small (7 oz) beverage can with at least three freon lines and two electrical wires for its operation. It contains a small spool valve with actually reverses the flow of freon through the condensing and evaporating parts. Its the spool that sticks. Its the sharp rap that can free it up.

Comment

My reverse cycle wouldn't blow air a few years ago, so I looked in the manual to find lube pionts. The marine air manual said that the unit was permanently lubed, but upon taking a closer look at the blower motors, I found a little oil hole with a sticker along side that said oil with a few drips of light oil every 6 months Go figure! After a little oil, the fan motor was happily doing its thing again. Hope this is helpfull.

Comment

patti ann too wrote:
              My reverse cycle wouldn't blow air a few years ago, so I looked in the manual to find lube pionts. The marine air manual said that the unit was permanently lubed, but upon taking a closer look at the blower motors, I found a little oil hole with a sticker along side that said oil with a few drips of light oil every 6 months Go figure! After a little oil, the fan motor was happily doing its thing again. Hope this is helpfull.
              Do you by chance have that manual in PDF and/or a link to it? I could not find it on line. Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
              X