Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lachdave
    replied
    My new hardtop from Atlantic towers. Very nice...Love it!

Leave a comment:

• ctbarbarian
    replied
    Smitty, what kind of davits on the swim grid please ?

Leave a comment:

• Smitty
    replied
    Ct arbarian...re dinghy on bow....that was only temporary.
    I usually carry the dinghy on the swimgrid

Leave a comment:

• Smitty
    replied
    Pflat....re Atlantic Tower
    got a winter special a few years ago......under $5K

Leave a comment:

• Pflat
    replied
    So....how many boat bucks for an Atlantic Tower hard top?

Leave a comment:

• Kayak
    replied
    Repairing your arch is doable if you're handy and have some time. It was a winter project for my wife and me. You'll need 4 people to take it down and put it back up after repair. Ours was collapsing in the middle. Once we took it down, we discovered that at some point it was cut or broken in half and held together with an aluminum plate on the inside. We removed the plate, removed all the wet rotten wood, filled the voids with Fibral, sandwiched the center of the arch between the aluminum plate on the bottom and a piece of marine ply on top, glassed everything in so no moisture can get to it, and finally a lot of sanding and painting. The time it took from take-down to re-installation was two weeks working 2-3 hours every day in our garage. For us, it was worth doing and we learned a lot.

Leave a comment:

• ctbarbarian
    replied
    Smitty,, I noticed a dinghy on the bow area, How do you get it there, hand lift it up or some type of winch?
    Any davits on the swim platform ? I have a 9 ft caribe and can't figure out where to put it.

Leave a comment:

• Shovinoff
    replied
    My new arch from Atlantic Towers arrived today! Newer, cleaner, stronger, higher( open the view to aft) and made for easy removal of stock arch; SAWZALL!

Leave a comment:

• Bobhicks
    replied
    Allan that looks a pretty nice setup. I'll be sure to get down to see you in Ladysmith. Our boat Dock Holiday was moored at Ladysmith until October when we purchased it. Small world : )

Leave a comment:

• Smitty
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Smitty
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Smitty
    replied
    Pm me your Email and I can send pics....or come and visit my boat. I see you are in Nanaimo...my boat is moored at Ladysmith marina

Leave a comment:

• Bobhicks
    replied
    Originally posted by Smitty View Post
    I removed my arch and replaced it with a hardtop from Atlantic Towers. Mounted my radar on the hardtop.
    The hardtop is made to fit the 38xx perfectly.
    Installed it myself with the help of three friends in one day
    The hardtop has the slides built in to install new replacement Isinglass. It makes for a very comfortable upper nav station.
    Sounds great, do you have any pictures?

Leave a comment:

• capnken
    replied
    Most of the 80's Bayliners had a padded arch panel inside...recipe for disaster and rot. If you take off the arch, use a travel-lift. Make a jig to support the arch as it is not only heavy but you need to maintain dimensions for re-mounting. The arch will have a glass shell with a foam or balsa core that if like most is full of absorbed water... in mine you could scrape out the wet balsa with your fingernails after you cleaned out the inner glass chopped mat. I glassed in new marine ply edge support and then added new inner plywood that I also glassed, creating a new hollow arch, stronger and lighter than the original. I cut access point pie ports where needed and made sure the area of bolt on points was solid wood blocks. The jig kept dimensions accurate so when I lifted into place with new gel coat and polyurethane paint it bolted up easily... looks great, supports all electronics, and easy to run wire thru since it is hollow. Does take more work, but on the 45 it is more esthetic than aluminum in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny_Vintage
    replied
    Buy low! Sell high. The 38's are moving up. Hang in there. Use you ice maker, pour a Scotch and contimplate the coming of summer.

JV

Leave a comment:

Working...
X