3888 foward bilge doesn(39)t drain to pump-gctid823239

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3888 foward bilge doesn(39)t drain to pump-gctid823239

The forward bilge on this 1991 3888 does not drain to the pump beneath the steps (accessible thru mid stateroom) like it should. There is a drain tube through the bulkhead but it is closed up at the aft end. Before trying to open up the end of the tube, where does it terminate? I don't want to drill into the water tank. The end cannot be seen from any hatch so far. Will a new hatch need to be made in the floor somewhere ahead of the stairs? Need help with this one please.

Greg
    Newport, Oregon
    South Beach Marina
    1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
    Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
    Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Greg, I ripped this picture off of Richard Tulips completed water tank replacement post.

You can see the keel dropping under the tank deck, so that's consistent with what I'm thinking things should look like. There's a limber hole at bulkhead right aft of the holding tank that is probably plugged. When I was replacing my black water hoses it was a place that needed some attention to ensure good flow.

Pete

Attached files

P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
    MMSI 367770440
    1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
    Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

I could insert a piece of 3/8 CPVC pipe through the limber tube but hit something very solid at about a foot or so. I think if some sort of flexible drive can be made for a drill bit, it might be possible to open the plugged limber.

Greg
      Newport, Oregon
      South Beach Marina
      Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
      Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

Do you have one of those USB boroscopes? They are really cheap to buy and have lights on them and attachments for hooks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
        MMSI 367770440
        1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
        Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

I didn't know those were available and so inexpensive. Thanks for the tip.

Greg
          Newport, Oregon
          South Beach Marina

Comment

Working...
          X