Need a Raymarine expert in Anacortes-gctid822699

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a Raymarine expert in Anacortes-gctid822699

Our E120 system is having problems with the depth sounder, its not reliable under 30'. In 15', 12' of water it always reads 47'. Anyone know a tech who is good with these older machines?
    Partner in a 1999 4788

Seattle, WA

Do you moor in the water? It may be gunk growing on the transducer. Don't ask me how I know.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Yes we moor in the water, we have been having various issues and really want to locate a good tech. The local Raymarine Rep can't be bothered to return my calls.
      Partner in a 1999 4788

Seattle, WA

Comment

I know the type. If it isn't something new they are installing and making the larger margin they don't want to be bothered. I looked at the owners manual and my eyes crossed at page twenty.

I had a really good experience with S3 Maritime in Seattle, not exactly Anacortes but may be worth at least talking to them. I looked and they "partner" with Raymarine. Just a thought.
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        MMSI 367770440

Comment

Stargazer, certainly ensure your transducer is does not have a coating on it. Sometimes the antifoul applicators roll the paint over the underhull transducer face and subsequent growth over time can impact the signal. Second tip would be to locate the sounder module and pull and reconnect all the plug leads, including the lead into the E120. Applying a spray lubricant to them wouldn't hurt either. I've had that problem and pulling the leads has helped.

Hope this assists. Cheers
          John H
          Brisbane QLD Aust
          "Harbor-nating"

2000 - 4788/Cummins 370's

Comment

I have all Raymarine electronics on current and past boat. I have had great success calling the Raymarine tech line. They have always been very helpful. Sometimes they get pretty busy and you may need to wait to get thru to a tech. Their number is

1-800-539-5539.

I would follow the previous advice on cleaning tranducer and checking all connections first. By chance are you using a DSM300 that the transducer is connected to? These units are notorious for issues with the power cord.
            Gibraltar, Mi.
            1986- 3870- Hino 175's
            1988 26' Shamrock/ Diesel
            14' Zodiac Bay Runner

Comment

go to http://forum.raymarine.com they are awesome there and reply like within 24 hours

Comment

The DSM 300 was replaced this spring with a newer model. To clean the transducer do I need a diver? Why would growth cause it not to work shallow? It reads down several hundred feet with no problem. Called every phone number I could find for a local tech and everyone is booked out a week or two in advance. I need to make sure all three screens are using the updated software according to all the techs I talked to. Has anyone done the update before, it looks simple but it makes me nervous, I don't want to make it worse.

Thank you for all
                Partner in a 1999 4788

Seattle, WA

Comment

Try resetting the dsm 300 and also check the settings in the fishfinder mode. Bring up the depth finder screen, then press menu. One of the options is resetting the dsm, try that. You can also check the settings. Go to fishfinder screen, the fishfinder settings, and check gain, frequency, frequency mode and power.. also check the zoom and bottom lock.

Jim
                  1988 3270 With 135 Hinos

Comment

Working...
                  X