Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

38XX Headliner material What is it? Who made it? Can i still purchase it?-gctid822406

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

38XX Headliner material What is it? Who made it? Can i still purchase it?-gctid822406

Greetings

I have to replace the headliner in my 1988 3818. Has anyone replaced or changed their headliner?

Any suggestions or advice? It looks like I will have to pull down all of the teak trim in the salon to do a proper job.

I'd like to go with the original fabric and of course with the same color.

Does anyone have any idea who made and supplied this to Bayliner Corp? Is this material still available?

I realize that I may be dealing with challenges related to color matching and dye lots.

You could call Kim at Canvas Plus in Arlington, WA she would know, she worked at the bayliner factory
    Brad & Michelle
    Jet & Maverick
    1993 3688 "the Kraken"
    Hino W06 250HP
    14' Avon RIB, 50hp Tohatsu
    Moored at Shelter Bay
    LaConner, WA

Comment

Mine was done by Puget Sound Yacht Services http://www.pugetsoundyachtservice.com/ as part of recoring the flying bridge. The fabric came from Perfect Fit http://perfectfit.com/ in my case in Tukwilla, WA just south of Seattle.

Sorry I can't give you the yardage required. The bill from PSYC is on the boat buried under the master berth and I'm not only stuck in dry dock from spinal surgery, I can't lift more than a gallon of milk.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

Get well.
        Joe
        2001 5288
        Lucky Liner ll

Comment

like pete said perfect fit sold the org mat to bayliner, there p is 800 652 5202, its just a cheap marine grade vinyl , no big deal. you will need to replace it all. its basic 101 upholstery.
          1988 3270
          135 hinos
          Seldovia ALASKA
          KEVINS UPHOLSTERY
          KEVINSBOATTOPS.COM
          Marine canvas/Upholstery
          since 1975

Comment

I used the cream colored fiberglass bathroom paneling from Lowes, ir brightens up the salon a great deal, the seams were trimmed with teak strips.
            Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
            Twin 350 GM power
            Located in Seward, AK
            Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Working...
            X