4788 increasing water pressure-gctid821871

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4788 increasing water pressure-gctid821871

Any ideas for increasing the potable/fresh water pressure?

I have a 40PSI water pump, but would like to specifically increase the pressure on the anchor washdown (its fresh water).

I'm not necessarily interested in increased pressure everywhere (but would consider it).

Any creative ideas?
    Pat
    Paragon
    1999 4788

Upgrade to a deck wasdown pump.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/johns...7?recordNum=11
    Esteban
    Huntington Beach, California
    2018 Element 16
    Currently looking for 32xx in South Florida
    Former Bayliners: 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

Simple...

Buy a bigger pump. More pressure is OK, but more GPH will solve your washdown problem.

A hose nozzle takes quite a bit of water volume to operate.

A great troubleshooting thing you can do is hook the same hoze and nozzle to your starboard hose bib in the cockpit. See how that operates. If it's good to go, then perhaps you have a blockage in the faucet up on the bow, but if that not the case just upsize the pump.

We went with a Jabsco 60psi 6gph model and couldn't be happier.

KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
      www.transferswitch4less.com

where are we right now?

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

Buy one of very small, tiny nozzles thst looks like a fire hose nozzle. Worked on our 47 for 20 plus years.
        Started boating 1965
        Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

Good recommendations on the johnson and jabsco pumps.

I may have confused on my original post, so a bit more clarity

- my anchor washdown (and hose bibs in the cockpit side compartments) are freshwater and connected to the house water pump. This pump is variable speed and 40psi/4.5gpm

- if I were to replace this variable speed pump with either the johnson or jabsco, I would lose my variable speed benefit on my house water (faucets/showers/etc). And does it make sense to replace a variable speed house water pump with a single speed washdown pump?

- if I were to keep the variable speed pump installed and add either the johnson or jabsco inline/downstream, I think it would starve itself because the variable speed wouldn't be able to keep up with the water demand.

- I still have my accumulator installed (I know, not required with a variable speed but its still there from previous owner), so maybe going away from variable speed and going back to a washdown/accumulator combo would work?

Mickey - I have one of those tiny nozzles. Great if you want a solid steady stream, but not that great for a disbursed spray.
          Pat
          Paragon
          1999 4788

Comment

You could use a separate wash down pump for the anchor washdown but it would need to have its own supply line from the water tank. You could T it in upstream of your variable speed pump but it still may starve a bit depending on the diameter and length of the existing line. Not sure if your water lines are larger than the typical 1/2" or not.
            Dave
            Edmonds, WA
            "THE FIX"
            '93 2556
            Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
            Misc. projects thread
            https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

"cosmo777" post=821983 wrote:
              Good recommendations on the johnson and jabsco pumps.

I may have confused on my original post, so a bit more clarity

- my anchor washdown (and hose bibs in the cockpit side compartments) are freshwater and connected to the house water pump. This pump is variable speed and 40psi/4.5gpm

- if I were to replace this variable speed pump with either the johnson or jabsco, I would lose my variable speed benefit on my house water (faucets/showers/etc). And does it make sense to replace a variable speed house water pump with a single speed washdown pump?

- if I were to keep the variable speed pump installed and add either the johnson or jabsco inline/downstream, I think it would starve itself because the variable speed wouldn't be able to keep up with the water demand.

- I still have my accumulator installed (I know, not required with a variable speed but its still there from previous owner), so maybe going away from variable speed and going back to a washdown/accumulator combo would work?

Mickey - I have one of those tiny nozzles. Great if you want a solid steady stream, but not that great for a disbursed spray.
              Myself I'm not such a fan of the variable speed pumps. Yes the pressure varies a bit, but with a small accumulator tank not so much as you notice. The switch to the 6GPM 60PSI pump was a huge improvement in performance for us.

KEVIN SANDERS
              4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
              www.transferswitch4less.com

where are we right now?

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

Working...
              X