Weight of Tender - 5788-gctid820364

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight of Tender - 5788-gctid820364

We have purchased a new Tender. 13' Boston Whaler with a 50 horse Merc. Outboard. Total weight is 900 pounds. On our 5788 Bayliner Motor Yacht our old pontoon style was above on the Aft portion of the bridge. Does anyone know if that area will carry the weight of the new Whaler we have purchased?

Hi, please complete your profile and signature.

Also, I am moving this topic from the Live Aboard section to the to the Motoryacht section. You should get more replies there.
    1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
    2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
    Anacortes, WA

Comment

"Gotta Boogie" post=820364 wrote:
      We have purchased a new Tender. 13' Boston Whaler with a 50 horse Merc. Outboard. Total weight is 900 pounds. On our 5788 Bayliner Motor Yacht our old pontoon style was above on the Aft portion of the bridge. Does anyone know if that area will carry the weight of the new Whaler we have purchased?
      Your owners manual is available online for free here...

http://bayliner.com/owners-manual/

In that manual your davit is shown to be rated for 1,500#;'s.
      Northport NY

Comment

We have a 13 foot zodiac with a 50hp Honda in the same spot on our 57. The previous owner added stainless support pillars specifically for that reason. I think it gives good piece of mind. There are some photos on my blog www.seattleboater.com that will show them. Could be a good option. I am sure the bridge will hold it. But you will overhang quite a bit too and I think the supports are a great idea to take the stress out.

Not sure on the official rating though. I am not sure what the crane limit is too but i think I recall it being around 1200 pounds rating.
        BLOG ABOUT MY BOAT... www.seattleboater.com
        5788 Man 610's- Love Her !
        Sold:Bayliner 3587 | Extended Hull

Comment

Our 5788 came with a 13' Whaler with a 40hp Merc on the top. The only issue that I've seen is that it's a pretty heavy tender to wrestle into position when putting it away. It wants to swing out to the side of the boat. I wish the original owner had opted for a winch with a rotational motor.

Comment

How much does it all weigh. We have a 14 foot zodiac with a50hp which I guess is aroond 700lbs + and it is really easy to manouvere
            BLOG ABOUT MY BOAT... www.seattleboater.com
            5788 Man 610's- Love Her !
            Sold:Bayliner 3587 | Extended Hull

Comment

"simbad" post=820537 wrote:
              How much does it all weigh. We have a 14 foot zodiac with a50hp which I guess is aroond 700lbs + and it is really easy to manouvere
              I have a late model 13' whaler and it weighs close to 900 lb, with a 40 Hp Mercury.
              1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
              2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
              Anacortes, WA

Comment

HI All who have responded. Thank you for the input. I have discovered that people have put up to a 17" run a bout up there with 90 hoarse. The Davit is good to 1500 LBS. I am going to change the cable however just to be sure it is all safe.

Thanks again

Ken

Comment

I carry a 13ft whaler and the bridge has no issue with the weight. If I understand it correctly, the area behind the seating (the dinghy area) is not specifically rated, but it was intended for an excess of 2000lbs. That makes some sense, considering safety factors engineered into the boat for a lifting capacity of a davit. The deck would have to have a cushion in structural capacity for the dinghy and its gear along with the weight of a person or two to launch it, etc.

~BJ

OMEGA

BJ
                  OMEGA

Comment

Working...
                  X