Blower location 3870-gctid819855

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blower location 3870-gctid819855

Need help locating the blower on my 1985 3870 I have a switch that lights a light but no sound.....but I have no idea where to look for the blower motor

They are under the vent baffles on the starboard side

I haven't figured out how to change them as you can see them but can't seem to get to them.

Terrible placement - mine have never worked - easy to be soaked with water.

You can see them from inside if you get on the starboard side of the starboard engine - like you do when you change the filter.
    Ron O'Blenis
    B 38 175 Hinos 1989
    Completed Great Loop
    https://ronandfaye.blogspot.com/

Comment

Mine are also under the forward vent grill on the starboard side. If you remove the forward grill you can see both of them, and how they are mounted. They are accessible from beside the starboard engine, mine has a gap on the floor under the wet bar, it doesn't go right to the hull side. It would be a job to replace them though, I'd recommend removing the grill.

James
      1989 Bayliner 3888, 175 Hinos,
      Hurth 630's Onan 8kw MDKD
      Lowrance Electronics!
      Boating on Georgian Bay & the North Channel
      Completed the Great Loop 07/25/19
      AGLCA #8340
      MTOA# 7469

Comment

Ok I guess I'll take the grill off next Saturday. I'm guessing mine are froze they don't make a sound. I'll try to get a look by taking off the grill first I hope I don't have to get between the engine and the bulkhead. Thanks for responding

Comment

they are not easily accessible from inside the ER.. take the grill off from the outside and its right there.

Comment

Make sure they are getting power, not just a bad connection
            P/C Pete
            Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
            1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
            Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
            MMSI 367770440

Comment

Working...
            X