U line cover-gctid819359

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U line cover-gctid819359

The cover for my U line ice maker is shattered beyond repair. It is plastic and comes from a 1990-91 model. The dimensions are approximately 14 x 8 x 1-11/2". Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Have you called the company? Several folks have removed or replaced their old U line ice maker, maybe someone still have one?
    Started boating 1965
    Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

I did contact the company. They no longer had any replacement covers for that model; thus, the search.

Comment

What part is the "cover"?

This coming winter I will be removing my Ice maker from my '86 3870..... so it or some parts would be available.

We never use it and we will be removing that whole corner of cabinet and rebuild to make space for a chair and still get some storage.
        Allan
        1986 - 3870
        175 Hinos
        Moored in Ladysmith BC

Comment

The part that I am referring to covers the heat exchanger, valve, and on/off switch. It is located under the door.

Comment

Yes I have that.....I will try to sell the whole icemaker first.....wont be available til the new year
            Allan
            1986 - 3870
            175 Hinos
            Moored in Ladysmith BC

Comment

I learned a lesson here... don't toss an old broken U-Line icemaker in the dumpster without making it available to BOC members first. Unfortunately I did toss one about a month ago. Wish I hadn't now as it had a lot of usable parts...like the cover in question. Sorry.

Greg
              Newport, Oregon
              South Beach Marina
              1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
              Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
              Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

Smitty: Thanks for the response. I am not in any hurry. I would buy your used unit; however, the cost of shipping is too high.

Comment

Working...
                X