LED replacement bulbs-gctid819179

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED replacement bulbs-gctid819179

Looking to replace with LED bulbs. Any suggestions or previous discussions anyone can share?? '94 4788. Thanks
    1994 4788 Bayliner ONNA MISSION

Anacortes, Washington

On one boat, I replaced several fixtures, but that took

a bit of wiring and lots of time, but not too much money.

On my boat now, I just bit the bullet and bought replacement

bulbs ($14 each, ouch) but it didn't take any time. I didn't

replace all 17 fixtures' bulbs, just strategic ones used more

often. Just 5 bulbs, so far.
    1994 2859 in Tacoma, WA
    7.4 Mercruiser
    Still learning about other systems
    and specs.

Comment

I have G4 LEDs. I got them here, but the link no longer works.

http://www.hero-ledstore.com/back-pi...ual-p-755.html

I went with the warm-white ones.

The standard G4 bulb is 10W, but the ones in the link are 20W.

I'm only using these for straight on-off lights.

For the dimmable lights, I have another type that work great, from superbrightleds.com

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...ase-white/489/

They're more expensive, but they work with the dimmers - whereas the other ones don't.
      Pat
      Paragon
      1999 4788

Comment

"joni" post=819179 wrote:
        Looking to replace with LED bulbs. Any suggestions or previous discussions anyone can share?? '94 4788. Thanks
        There are several threads on this. We replaced all of ours on our previous 4788. As you have probably figured out, on the 4788, just the G4 lights number about 57, and then there are another couple dozen wedge and bayonet lights. Therefore, cost per bulb is very important!! We found that the eBay or Amazon G4 bulbs that are $1-3 per bulb range work great! Every bulb we bought worked and we never had a failure. No need to pay 5-10 per bulb. Decide whether you want warm or cool white (color) and try a few sample bulbs . The electrical power to light these drops to 1/10 or less of the Halogens. It is well worthwhile!
        Mike
        "Allante I" Rayburn 75
        Previous: '97 4788

Comment

I replaced most of my bulbs with LEDs. I looked at a lot of places and saw a huge variance in price. I'm sure the expensive bulbs are the best, but as there are so many on a 5788, it made it hard to justify the expense. I eventually found some in China. I bought them on Alibaba... they had lots of 10 that cost about $35.00. Though they were cheap, they seem to work well. I haven't had any problems with them and as they didn't break the bank, I could afford to carry extras....

I hope this helps,

~BJ

OMEGA

Attached files

BJ
          OMEGA

Comment

I'm going LED as well. Higher initial cost but longer life, lower fixture temperatures, lessening the current/ load on the wiring and reduced/ slowed battery draw to me. are worth the price. Has anyone found a red LED replacement/ part # for the gage backlighting bulbs? Much easier to see at night with red lighting....greatly cuts glare.
            Dave
            Restoring/ upgrading: 1990 Ciera Sunbridge 2655 ST, "One Particular Harbour"
            5.7 Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen 1 (my floating retirement villa if it doesn't kill me first)
            Sold:
            1995 SeaPro 210 C/C "Hydro-Therapy"
            Mariner 150
            Towing with:
            2002 Ford F 350 7.3L Super Duty
            Near High Rock Lake, N.C.

Comment

Great info thanks....have you found a place to purchase the G4 light covers???
              1994 4788 Bayliner ONNA MISSION

Anacortes, Washington

Comment

What is the best wattage for replacing the old bulbs, They are on ebay from 3 to 15 watts.

Lee
                Lee
                Albermarle Sound, NC
                1996 Ciera 2855
                7.4 Merc Bravo 3
                MMSI 338223458

Comment

"joni" post=819179 wrote:
                  I source most of the salon and cabin LED's from various vendors on eBay. The G4 back-pin lights are around $1 each. For the lights in the galley and pilothouse, I wanted extra bright lights so went with the lights from hero-led.com. I used these in warm white.

https://www.hero-led.com/extended-ba...ck-p-5196.html

While some of the cheaper LED's have failed over time (be sure to buy spares), I've never had a hero-led bulb go bad.
                  Evan
                  2001 Bayliner 4788 "Fifty / Fifty II"
                  League City, TX

Comment

Working...
                  X