Clearing Ca Customs at Sidney-gctid818253

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearing Ca Customs at Sidney-gctid818253

This year we are doing something different, clearing customs in Sidney BC. We do not have Nexus or Canpass or whatever pre clearance. We have always used call in at customs dock in Bedwell Hbr. For several decades Is there a dedicated customs dock at the Sidney marina Is it call in? Can I just go to a slip and then call in if it is call in and skip customs dock?
    Started boating 1965
    Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

You have to go to the customs dock either at Van Isle Marina or Port of Sidney and call in to customs using the phone booth provided. This must be done before going to your slip.
    EAGLE III
    1992 3288 Bayliner MY
    Victoria BC
    Jan

Comment

That is what I guessed. We have never had issues before with customs crossing every year except last year since 1975 by boat, sometimes multiple times. Thanks
      Started boating 1965

Comment

Yep, just like Eagle said. Dedicated customs dock at Sidney with dedicated customs phones attached, similar to Bedwell.
        Dave
        Edmonds, WA
        "THE FIX"
        '93 2556
        Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
        Misc. projects thread
        https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

The customs dock at port Sidney is often crowded and so is the channel leading into the marina. Even when I'm going to Port Sidney I prefer to clear at Van Isle. The staff at the fuel dock will even help with your lines.

There are a couple of good chandlers there and a used equipment store and an excellent restaurant in the mix. Worthy of a stop on its own imo.
          P/C Pete
          Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
          1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
          Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
          MMSI 367770440

Comment

Another telephone reporting site in the area is Canoe Cove. I've never encountered another boat at the customs dock there.
            1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
            2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
            Anacortes, WA

Comment

Here is a zoomable map of of all their locations

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/ser...-sdtm-eng.html
              "Adios Dinero"
              1997 3988 with new 330 Cummins
              Photo Credit: Whiskywizard

Comment

Exactly what documents do you need for the boat? I have not received my tabs or title yet. but have the paperwork from the titling company that shows it was submitted.

Heading there tomorrow from Port Townsend tonight.
                BLOG ABOUT MY BOAT... www.seattleboater.com
                5788 Man 610's- Love Her !
                Sold:Bayliner 3587 | Extended Hull

Comment

Current registration documents are required. In the past, before we had Nexus, we were never asked for them by customs - US or Canada.

We have been asked for the registration documents by the US Coast Guard during a routine boading.
                  1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
                  2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
                  Anacortes, WA

Comment

I have cleared customs at Sidney once a year for the past two years, no problems or long waits. I have also cleared at Van Isle it's even easier, watch out for the rock near the marina. We like to go to Victoria every year, we clear at Sidney and then those wanting to go to Butchart get off and take a cab to the gardens then ride the bus to Victoria and meet us at the causeway.
                    Partner in a 1999 4788

Seattle, WA

Comment

The customs dock next to the Van Isle fuel dock is the easiest to find and get in and out of.

Don't forget your passports.
                      George
                      "Delphin"
                      '89 3270, 135 HP Hinos
                      Victoria, BC
                      Member:
                      Capital City Yacht Club
                      Oak Bay Power & Sail Squadron

Comment

"gsilvest" post=818353 wrote:
                        The customs dock next to the Van Isle fuel dock is the easiest to find and get in and out of.

Don't forget your passports.
                        We have never needed pass ports to get in to Canada. Need em to get back into the US tho. Three years ago, we accudently left them home. We prepared for this situation tho and both of us had enhanced Wa drivers licenses. Figured as old farts we might forget passports someday. Actually they were on board once, but in a bag not yet unpacked. Wife dumped contents of bag and took bag home with them in a zippered pocket.
                        Started boating 1965

Comment

Working...
                        X