Propane tank-gctid398754

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Propane tank-gctid398754

I have a new propane stove ready to be installed on my 38. Thinking of placing a locker up on the starboard side of my hard top but wondering where others have mounted theirs.

Thanks.
    Sean
    1987 3870
    Crimson Pride II
    Past Commodore Mukilteo Yacht Club
    MMSI: 338080226

Mine was on the flybridge, starboard side, under the dash area.

Comment

Mine is on the port-side under the dash - if you are installing a new system...go for the new fiberglass propane tanks - they don't rust and you can see through the tank at the level...takes all the guess-work out of it.

Leon

Comment

+1 on the fiberglass tank. Pricey but won't mar the decks, look nice also.

Richard

Comment

Ditto +1 on the fiberglass tanks for the same reasons!

Comment

I have a 45 with the Propane Tank under the helm seat/port side. Don't forget to install a safety solenoid for the stove.

Darby

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I am trying to avoid placing the locker under the dash as with the kids and chairs we need the storage.

I originally planned to place the locker on the starboard forward hard top but after looking the spot just to the left as you go up the ladder would be perfect. In talking to the dealer they say the amount of hose needed would cause me not to be able to use all three burners at once as the hose was approaching 40' (without upsizing hose and doubling the price). I assume that since I am doing a new install that I do need the box. That is unfortunate as I could make a mount behind the starboard seating up top in that triangle shaped area.

Thoughts? I have the seaward locker right now with the composite tank. Just need to figure out where to mount by this weekend so this project can be crossed off the list.
              Sean
              1987 3870
              Crimson Pride II
              Past Commodore Mukilteo Yacht Club
              MMSI: 338080226

Comment

Working...
              X