Hino EH700 Injector Lifespan-gctid816718

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hino EH700 Injector Lifespan-gctid816718

I just pulled mine, based on records I think they have less than 1000 hours since last test/rebuild, and the testing shop said 7 out of 12 were in need of tips or major cleaning.. i asked them to go ahead and replace all tips and calibrate but it got me thinking...

what is typical for injector life and what drives them deteriorating?

Life would probably depend on a lot of factors. Have you run your boat fast so you are pumping a lot of diesel through the injectors? Have you been extremely careful to make certain you have filters that are say 2 microns or less to keep contaminants out of the injectors? Have you kept all water from fuel tank out of the injectors? At 1000 hours you are likely average for being due for an injection job or maybe overdue a bit if you are harsh on them. I would make sure the shop gives you the tips that tested good. Never know when you might need them in an emergency in the boondocks.
    Started boating 1965
    Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

I've not had the boat most of its life, I would say the previous owner did run it up on plane a good part of the time. Believe he used 2micron on engine, I did too.

No water to speak to my knowledge of up until very recently, (and smoking persisted long before any water showed up in racor)

Comment

...And I guess one other comment and the reason for the question in the first place - 1000 hours is about half or less what i would expect of a truck engine, even an old high output mechanical one e.g. the early IH powerstrokes.

"kev_rm" post=816750 wrote:
        I've not had the boat most of its life, I would say the previous owner did run it up on plane a good part of the time. Believe he used 2micron on engine, I did too.

No water to speak to my knowledge of up until very recently, (and smoking persisted long before any water showed up in racor)

Comment

Working...
        X