Verizon Talk Text and Data in Canada-gctid816554

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verizon Talk Text and Data in Canada-gctid816554

We normally travel to at least the Broughtons each summer. Most areas there have virtually no cell service except in the paths of cruise ships, so switching to their North American plan with specified talk, text and almost zero data is fine. For data we always used marina supplied WiFi, spotty at best. This year my wife says we are not going that far and in fact most all the places we plan to go will have cell service. i called Verizon to find out the cost of their North American Plan. The "nice" lady explained that it has several options and none contain much data at all and any overage is very expensive. She then suggested we look at their 16 GB Verizon plan for August. It has unlimited talk, text and data in both the US and Canada, ie Verizon pays for my use of 16 GB while in Canada. It would only add $30 to my monthly bill. This looks very attractive, anyone else using it? I used to use a lot more than 16 GB per month in the US but since we wired our homes for WiFi and get unlimited data, I backed off my cell data to 2 to 4 GB per month. Anyone else using the 16 GB Verizon plan to obtain lots of cheap data while in Canada?
    Started boating 1965
    Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Not using Verizon, we now have T-Mobile, same price in US, Canada, Mexico and Canada. Coverage in Gulf Islands is excellent. I'm tying this from Montague Harbor, where there has been no service in previous years. My wife and I were both with ATT, but they were so punitive when we travelled, we used to get huge bills. With T-Mobile our bills whether we are at home or outside US are about the same. Love the service and coverage, plus their bill total reflects all the taxe and other BS other carriers add on. We were warned that TM coverage wasn't as good as ATT, not true in our experience.

Machog
    1996 4087 Lazy Days
    2011 11’ West Marine Rib 350 Lazy Mac
    2011 Porsche Cayman
    2010 Lexus IS 250C
    2008 Honda Ridgeline

Comment

Yes, we are using the 16GB Verizon plan that supports Canada and Mexico with unlimited talk/text and 16GB data.
      1997 4788 with Cummins 5.9 (315 hp)
      12 ft Rendova with 40 hp Merc 4 cycle
      Pacific NW

Comment

Plus one on Verizon.
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        MMSI 367770440

Comment

I have that plan and love the fact that I can now just cross the silly border and use my data without any special preparation (or gold bullion)
          Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

"Machog" post=816557 wrote:
            Not using Verizon, we now have T-Mobile, same price in US, Canada, Mexico and Canada. Coverage in Gulf Islands is excellent. I'm tying this from Montague Harbor, where there has been no service in previous years. My wife and I were both with ATT, but they were so punitive when we travelled, we used to get huge bills. With T-Mobile our bills whether we are at home or outside US are about the same. Love the service and coverage, plus their bill total reflects all the taxe and other BS other carriers add on. We were warned that TM coverage wasn't as good as ATT, not true in our experience.

Machog
            Good to know, I bent over big time for Att last year in Desolation, have you had a chance to use it up that far?
            Dave
            Edmonds, WA
            "THE FIX"
            '93 2556
            Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
            Misc. projects thread
            https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Working...
            X