Range of travel with a 3288-gctid816087

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range of travel with a 3288-gctid816087

I have a 95' 3288 with 150hp Hino turbo diesels and have 200 gallons of fuel capacity. I'm trying to figure the range I can travel at about 2500 rpm. I've seen some posts that say they can get 300 miles at 12-14 knots @ 2500rpm. I would appreciate any information I could get on this.

"I'm trying to figure the range I can travel at about 2500 rpm. I've seen some posts that say they can get 300 miles at 12-14 knots @ 2500rpm. I would appreciate any information I could get on this"

Best case at that speed is about 1.5 mpg or 270 miles for the 180 useable gallons with no reserve.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/in...on-hino-w04c-t

Of course you could get a lot less dependent upon your engines condition . props, weight , and the weather so that is a high side best case.
    Northport NY

Comment

I appreciate the info. I'm looking at a 150 mile round trip. Engines and transmissions are in great shape so I'll should be able to make it. If not I can run into Whittier and then back to Valdez. Thanks

Comment

I can run Whittier to Seward on 90 gal Seward to Homer on 110

if I did not go in and out of Seward and just stay in the Gulf I could go Whittier to Seldovia easy. Just keep in mind the fuel pumps are far and few up here. I ran both out of fuel this spring, running on one tank had 30 in other tank. not fun getting the old Hinos going when they run dry in the slop and current
        1988 3270
        135 hinos
        Seldovia ALASKA
        KEVINS UPHOLSTERY
        KEVINSBOATTOPS.COM
        Marine canvas/Upholstery
        since 1975

Comment

I recently put flow meters on mine. I get 1.2 nmpg at 13kts. At 1600 rpm, range is more like 500 miles and closer to 3nmpg.

Comment

I traveled 112 mi.,used 70 gals. avg. 10-12 knts. (crappy rough weather)

Comment

I delivered a 3288 from Vancouver BC to Juneau Ak

a few years back.It had Volvo's (a little less hp) The longest run

was from Shearwater (Bella Bella) to Prince Rupert . I don't recall

how low the tanks were at Rupert but the whole trip was uneventful.

You should have no trouble with 150 miles assuming decent weather

Comment

forgot to add Bella Bella to Rupert is approx .180 miles

Comment

I would be surprised if you could not get 3mpg going slow.

Comment

Working...
                  X