Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuflush silent pump upgrade-gctid815918

Hey all,

This is probably not anything of a wow factor, ,but to me it was,so I thought I would share it with the community,

I was rencently on a friends 38meridian and used thier head...I. Know to much information... lol. Anyhow,when I flushed,I heard the "Swoosh"of the toilet evacuating the bowl,, but then it went silent. I mean silent.... that was so different than the "Kerr-clluck, ker-clunk, key-clunk" of my system as it recharged the vacuum of the the system. As such, I called a buddy at Fisheries Supply in Seattle, and described my recent experience...no not while in the head, but after... lol.... He told me that the manufacturer of the system made an upgrade .

The upgrade kit has new seals and changes the old system from a "sw" system to a "w" for whisper,system. It was only a few hundred dollars per system (I have 2 unfortunately) and seems rather straight forward to install.i haven't yet, but am excited to get the time to do so.,, he said it makes the system nearly silent.

He also strongly suggested I change the "duckbills" hill in there. Oh! Another thing he said was the upgrade kit included a new motor which he said was almost $1100 if you needed to buy it separately.,, weird...

Anyhow, I thought it was interesting and thought some might like to know there is solution to the noisy thumping of the vacuflush system recharging ..

Happy flushing.... lol.

BJ

OMEGA

BJ
    OMEGA

I made the change last year. Huge difference!

Plus It was a good time to change out all the parts in the vaccflush systems. I think if I can pick and choose the time to replace old components, then I'm less likely to have the components pick and choose the time for me.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    www.transferswitch4less.com

Whats the weather like on our boat
    https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where are we right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

I made the change last year. Huge difference!

Plus It was a good time to change out all the parts in the vaccflush systems. I think if I can pick and choose the time to replace old components, then I'm less likely to have the components pick and choose the time for me.

KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
      www.transferswitch4less.com

Whats the weather like on our boat
      https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where are we right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

Thanks ordered my upgrade today, looking forward to the quiet. And now I will have a spare (old one) that I was planning on buying.
        1988 3870
        Hino 4 cyl 210 turbos (upgrade)
        Hull extension
        LIves in Powell River

Comment

Our 5788 had one whisper system, and one standard system when we first owned it, and truthfully, to my ears, there wasn't much difference in the operating noise of both of them. In late Summer last year, the older style motor failed, so we ended up buying a new whisper motor and pump assembly (you can't buy just the motor).

The new 24V pump was gold plated, at least I it should be for $1170 CDN + taxes. and maybe there's a trick to it, but it doesn't seem that quiet to me???

A friend with a 57 recently replaced both of his vacuflush units with electric toilets just to get rid of the 'swoosh' sound. He gave me both vacuum generators as spare, and was kind enough to have his mechanic clean them out before dropping them off with us, so I now have two spare units. Having these babies sitting in the boathouse almost guarantees the ones on the boat will never break down
          Rob
          Bayliner 5788
          'Merlin V'
          Vancouver BC

Comment

Boy Rob, I need to find friends like you... the spare parts would come in handy... lol...
            BJ
            OMEGA

Comment

Just thought I'd let people see the difference between the old (yucky black) and new (shine new grey) motor.

As I took the system apart, I found a hard residue of yuck in the inside of the pump itself. The yuck was hard like concrete and did not soften in cleaners. As the build up interfered with the new duck bill seals, I had to scrape and chip it away. I got it, but it was not an easy thing.

Anyhow, thought the motor differences was interesting. It is quieter, but not whisper quiet. That being said, I'm gogin to install the pump on a cushion of silicone to minimize the mechanical sound coupling to the hull, Hopefully, it will make it even quieter.

Stay tuned...

BJ

Attached files

BJ
              OMEGA

Comment

Working...
              X