3270 Battery Switch Operation-gctid815849

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3270 Battery Switch Operation-gctid815849

Can someone explain the proper operation of the Battery switches in 1987 Bayliner 3270. I have 3 batteries and 3 switches. An accessory battery switch, an engine battery switch and a 1, 2+1, 2 switch. It appears that the 1, 2+1, 2 switch only pertains to engine starting. Is that correct or not? I assume that because with the 1, 2+1, 2 switch in the off position the accessory switch still operates the accessories.
    1987 3270 135-Hino
    Foxtrap, Newfoundland

From the factory, there are only 2 switches. On/off for starting & house battery. The 1/2/on/off is not factory.

Impossible to say how it's hooked up.

Comment

No correct way of doing this.

Similar system in my boat, 3banks, 3 switches... engine 1 switch, engine 2 switch, house bank switch.
      Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
      Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
      93 3058 sold
      92 2855 (day boat)
      91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
      Longbranch WA
      Life is Good

Comment

Here is the setup in my boat. I assumed it was factory. The middle one is engine and the one on the right is the accessory. As I mentioned the switch on the left do not turn off the accessory.

1987 3270 135-Hino
        Foxtrap, Newfoundland

Comment

Probably a parallel switch, allowing you to link engine and accessory banks in parallel. Useful only really if your engine bank fails.
          A lifetime of racing everything from dinghies to world girdlers, but one of those lucky people who just love being afloat. So .... when the body doesn't work like before, it doesn't mean staying ashore.
          Blustery Day
          Bayliner 3288 Motoryacht, 1991.
          Twin Hino 150hp diesels.
          Purchased 23 February 2017

Comment

"colbournee" post=815865 wrote:
            Here is the setup in my boat. I assumed it was factory. The middle one is engine and the one on the right is the accessory. As I mentioned the switch on the left do not turn off the accessory.

[attachment]38647 wrote:
            P1070667.JPG[/attachment]
            Suggest you take the time to follow the wires going to the left switch in the photo, it is not factory. It is anyones guess as whst it is for.
            Started boating 1965
            Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

"Hamnavoe" post=815866 wrote:
              Probably a parallel switch, allowing you to link engine and accessory banks in parallel. Useful only really if your engine bank fails.
              That would be my guess as well but you'll need to chase the wiring as suggested. Draw a diagram when doing this may help as well.

What it the toggle switch on the far right?
              "Martini's Law"
              1986 Bayliner 3270, 110 Hino's
              Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

Generator ?
                Dan
                Frostbite Falls, Minnesota
                Claudia V. III
                1988 - 3218
                Gas Drives

Comment

Working...