Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where how to go about injector service hino 175-gctid815498

Have not had this done before..

- are there any shops who might specialize in hino, just thinking shipping (US) would be OK rather than rolling dice on unknown local shop

- minimum parts list to R&R them?

I have had good luck utilizing diesel injection shops here locally to pop test and regrind (rebuild) injectors.

I would also use Earl on a mail in / mail out basis if I had the time as he is excellent.

Do you have the procedure for pulling the injectors on the EH700?

You want the coolant level down just in case you disturb an injector collar upon removal.
    Northport NY

Comment

Cool thanks ya I have some time I will reach out to Earl and do some homework on the procedure.

Comment

Are you going to remove and replace your injectors yourself or hire someone to do it. My first removal, I hired an injector company to remove, test/repair and replace my injectors. The guy took 4 hours to remove 12 injectors, the guy then took 4 hours to replace them. I had to pay his travel time both ways. They did not repair anything, just replaced 12 tips.

On the other hand, Earl pulled mine in less than 2 hours and had them at a nearby Wa UPS store to be rebuilt at a shop in Ca. They were in my hands 48 hours later via UPS and Earl had them installed in less than 2 hours and that included some other checks.

Message, if you hire someone to do the job, have someone that understands Hinos and has done an injector job on Hinos before.
        Started boating 1965
        Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

Just had Earl do this for me! He was AWESOME and worth the wait!! Exactly as the previous post stated, it took no time at all, he takes the time to teach you, if you are interested, and he does great work!! Call Earl!! That was a piece of advice I got on here and adhered to, so glad I did!!
          Vice Commodore
          Fox Island Yacht Club
          '92 4588
          Lucy Jayne
          Gig Harbor, WA

Comment

"mmichellich" post=815505 wrote:
            Are you going to remove and replace your injectors yourself or hire someone to do it. My first removal, I hired an injector company to remove, test/repair and replace my injectors. The guy took 4 hours to remove 12 injectors, the guy then took 4 hours to replace them. I had to pay his travel time both ways. They did not repair anything, just replaced 12 tips.

On the other hand, Earl pulled mine in less than 2 hours and had them at a nearby Wa UPS store to be rebuilt at a shop in Ca. They were in my hands 48 hours later via UPS and Earl had them installed in less than 2 hours and that included some other checks.

Message, if you hire someone to do the job, have someone that understands Hinos and has done an injector job on Hinos before.
            Planning on doing myself. Struggling to understand why it would be 8 hours of labor?

Comment

" Planning on doing myself. Struggling to understand why it would be 8 hours of labor?"

Earl is the best by far bar none and fast as well....

But to be fair the injector R & R on the EH700's is more work then the WO6 series engines.

People posting back times here mostly have the newer WO6 engines.
              Northport NY

Comment

About 5 years ago, I removed mine and had them pop-tested which showed that most of them were bad. I purchased new tips from Seattle Injector and a mobile boat mechanic let me help replace the tips and set the pop pressure. I reinstalled them, including new crush washers, and have had no problems.
                Two C's 1990 3888 MY, 175 Hinos, Hurth 630 Trannys
                Past Commodore Emerald Rose Yacht Club
                Member International Order of the Blue Gavel
                MMSI: 338030604

Comment

[quote]"kev_rm" post=815517 wrote:
                  "mmichellich" post=815505 wrote:
                  Struggling to understand why it would be 8 hours of labor?
                  Me too and I had to watch him work. Supposed to be this companys best marine diesel mechanic. Maybe because he is slow he makes a lot of profit for his company.
                  Started boating 1965
                  Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

I just popped the port side injectors out, its a piece of cake. Took longer to drain coolant than anything else.

1) Take return rail off - pay attention there are nylon gaskets on each side of rail. 12mm on top of injector + 17mm on aft lower side

2) Take valve cover breather off and rotate out of the way - 14mm

3) Drain Coolant from bottom of manicooler (this will get it well below the injectors)

4) Undo feed lines from each injector 19mm

5) Take the two bolts per injector out 12mm

6) Use 19mm on top of injector to slightly rotate them back and forth and they back right out. No need to pry. I used a tiny bit of penetrating oil

Was interesting one injector had some goo on it and one was caked a bit.

Will pop the stbd side out tomorrow and get them sent off.

Comment

Working...
                    X