X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man Engine Database

Owners of Man-powered boats,

Please help by replying to this topic with important information regarding Man engines: specs, part numbers, interchange part numbers, sources for parts, etc.

This database is for Man engine information: part numbers, interchange part numbers, specifications, detailed procedures, etc. Please do not post questions or issues specific to your boat. It's OK to post feedback on data that should be included here. Keep in mind, that once someone posts the data, your feedback post may be deleted to keep the database clean. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Jim_Gandee; 11-07-2017, 11:20 AM.
    1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
    2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
    Anacortes, WA

As MAN seems to have a huge prices for everything we need on our engines, when it comes to replacing parts, I try figure out optional parts for the MAN OEM part. In this case, I have alternate numbers for the raw water impellers. The MAN retail price is almost ten times higher than the prime Johnson equivalent.

The pump is comprised of two impellers. One impeller part number Johnson 09-821BT-1 and the other is Johnson 09-1028BT-1. I bought the 1028's on eBay for about $50 for two, and bought two 821's from Amazon for $55. $25 each is a ton cheaper than $400, eh?

I hope this helps....it should save you a ton...

~BJ

OMEGA

BJ
    OMEGA

Comment

I have just replaced the V-Belts on our MAN D2866 LE405 Engines (2001 5788) 2 belts per engine.

MAN Part Number: 51.12503.0059 - RDI quoted US$51.77 each (= CAD$64.86) excluding taxes

This is a generic V-Belt - Type 3VX560 - Purchased at Lordco Auto Parts for US$18.36 each (= CAD $23.00) excluding taxes

Total Saving on 4 belts = $133.64 (= CAD$167.43) excluding taxes, or a saving of almost 65%.

The belts are also available NAPA auto parts
      Rob
      Bayliner 5788
      'Merlin V'
      Vancouver BC

Comment

The raw water pumps on the MAN D2866 engines are built by Johnson Pumps, but as the complete assembly is proprietary to MAN, Johnson dealers are only able to sell individual components for these pumps (including the body), but they can not sell a complete assembly. While there are cost savings for purchasing individual parts compared to the MAN dealer, but comparing the price of a complete pump assembly from MAN versus purchasing all individual parts from Johnson is a wash, and you still have to assemble the unit yourself.
        Rob
        Bayliner 5788
        'Merlin V'
        Vancouver BC

Comment

Working...
        X