4788 bunk room doors and post available in Southern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4788 bunk room doors and post available in Southern California

I finally opened up the bunk room by removing the post and 2 doors. Love it and I should have done it sooner. I have nowhere to store these door and the next owner will just have to like it the way it is. I am in the Los Angeles area and would like to pass these on to someone who needs the doors or wants to put them back to restore the original bunk room setup. Free

Attached files

Guessing these are long gone?
    James
    2000 4788 | "Freedom"
    Gig Harbor, WA
    11' Novurania w/40hp Yamaha
    Cummins 330's and Westerbeke 8kw
    Hull Extension, Chines and Hardtop

Comment

Sorry. Long gone. People in my marina took them and were using them for other purposes. I did not think that it would be easy to find someone who wanted to set the room back up on a 4788. Bad timing

Comment

No worries, thanks for letting me know. The hunt continues!
        James
        2000 4788 | "Freedom"
        Gig Harbor, WA
        11' Novurania w/40hp Yamaha
        Cummins 330's and Westerbeke 8kw
        Hull Extension, Chines and Hardtop

Comment

I am seeking bunk beds for a 4788. [email protected]

Comment

My bunk/office room had the door post removed and slide door seems to butt to the master door. The folding door is still in place. Contrary to my will, my wife wanted it converted to her walk-in closet. I put up a heavy metal closet pole suspended from reinforced bunk strap ā€œDā€ rings. The bunks remain in place.
            Not really sure why I need a walk-in closet but my wife was appeased. Last month she converted the guest shower to storage.
            1990 4588
            Port Hueneme Ca

Comment

Our bunk room was converted by the original owner. Now it is a huge hanging locker, and a built in dresser. It has been a real benefit to us. Always thought of the bunk as a waste of space unless you have small children. Otherwise, it is too close for comfort for guests.

Click image for larger version

Name:	17 Master Stateroom Closet.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	416.5 KB
ID:	634870
              Patrick and Patti
              4588 Pilothouse 1991
              12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
              M/V "Paloma"
              MMSI # 338142921

Comment

Patrick,
                I like that set up. Much more organized and presentable than my simple approach. It appears that the port side is a slide door?
                That tall cabinet/closet looks very functional as well. How deep is your tall cabinet?
                Is the pass-thru closet still there or has the desk and pass-thru been converted to the dresser you referenced?
                1990 4588
                Port Hueneme Ca

Comment

The depth of the tall cabinet is about 28 inches, it replaced the desk. There is a back panel that separates it from the stackable washer and dryer. The cabinet at the far back, against the wall is still there But has been made smaller to account for the additional height needed for the stackable washer/dryer compartment.

As for the bunk on the port side. All the sleeping, less the bottom most bench was removed and the sliding hanging cabinet doors installed to cover the closet and the top shelf installed to seal it and allow access to the cabinets at the ceiling. As you can see we use those baskets to handle linen and towels along with other items we access regularily. The master stateroom main door closes parallel to the steps up from the companion way. It really adds a great deal of space to the master stateroom and provides much needed closet space.

The tall cabinet next to the door houses 4 drawers and a lower hanging compartment that goes below the bedroom floor. We keep our Bissel carpet shampooer along with our vacuum. Works very nicely as there is really no other place to put them comfortably.
                  Patrick and Patti
                  4588 Pilothouse 1991
                  12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
                  M/V "Paloma"
                  MMSI # 338142921

Comment

Working...
                  X