window wiper setup on flybridge-gctid814808

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

window wiper setup on flybridge-gctid814808

I've been caught in the mist, showers, rain, and spray while cruising enough times that I would really appreciate a wiper system to clear the flybridge window in front of me while at the controls. My flybridge has strataglass and I know I would need to insert either tempered glass or some type of acrylic window into the opening and attach a wiper to it. When I did a search, it looks like most of the companies who made them went out business when the economy went south several years ago. Any suggestions would be appreciated. A link to someone who still makes them "ready for install" or some info on how I could make one for myself. I always enjoy such a project to make my boat better. I see that Lexan makes a polycarbonate window that is scratch resistant called MR-10. Has anyone tried that? How thick should it be?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Cliff
    1998 3587 Bayliner, Port Orchard, WA

I am using an AR Acrylic - was going to use Polycarbonate and was talked out of it at the plastic shop. Three years no indication of wiper path is evident yet. I used 1/8" but I have a crown to the shape to match my hardtop and is attached to an aluminum frame with tape for plastic sheet. If I was doing something flat or sewn into a zipper panel that the wiper would mount onto I would probably use 1/4".
    1999 Sandpiper Pilothouse - Current
    1989 3888 - 2011-2019, 1985 Contessa - 2005-2011, 1986 21' Trophy 1998-2005
    Nobody gets out alive.

Comment

These guy make nice windows

Attached files

1988 3818
      EH 700
      Custom hard top enclosed

Comment

Working...
      X