Raw water hose size and lengths on 38xx Hino EH700(39)s?-gctid814392

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raw water hose size and lengths on 38xx Hino EH700(39)s?-gctid814392

I'm away from the boat and forgot to measure them, but wanted to see if anyone knows the raw water hose diameters and how many feet are needed for both engines. Unless I'm mistaken, those are all the same size hose and just something that could be bought from probably an automotive store? I'm referring to the hoses that connect raw water intake seacock, sea-strainer, raw water pump, transmission cooler, manicooler, and exhaust risers...so, 5 sections of the same diameter non-collapsible hose, I believe. I'm guessing somewhere around 10-15 feet of host per engine.

TIA if anyone has this info handy, at least the diameter. I'm figuring I'll just grab a long roll so I have some to spare.

Cheers,

Dave

Hey Dave, on my 1989 the hoses are 1 1/4". The intakes need to be wire reinforced due to the suction of the pump, standard auto hose isn't recommended. You could use non reinforced hose for the rest, but I just use the same for both sides of the pump. I don't know the exact length you'll need, but it's more than you would think. I replaced the suction line on the port engine from the strainer to the pump and as I recall it was about 12 feet of hose.

James
    1989 Bayliner 3888, 175 Hinos,
    Hurth 630's Onan 8kw MDKD
    Lowrance Electronics!
    Boating on Georgian Bay & the North Channel
    Completed the Great Loop 07/25/19
    AGLCA #8340
    MTOA# 7469

Comment

My Project 134 of 563: new raw water lines!

I measured all of mine a month or so ago and came up with 22 feet total approximately , so 2 - 12 foot rolls (cheapest) for both engines...but not necessarily an even amount per engine. This is 1 1/4" diameter exhaust hose with the blue stripe.
      . . .It places the lotion in the Basket. . .and that basket happens to be in a 1987 Bayliner 3870 w/ Hino 175's

Comment

"Cool Beans" post=814419 wrote:
        This is 1 1/4" diameter exhaust hose with the blue stripe.
        Ah, it's called "exhaust hose"? OK...where do I get the wire-reinforced hose? Autoparts store, marine store? (Just curious, is the 1-1/4" in the inside diameter or outside diameter?)

Found it: Shields ShieldFlex II Boat Wet Exhaust Hose 250-1140 - 1 1/4 Inch

Here's the best price I see (on Ebay...$65 per 12 foot section): http://www.ebay.com/itm/121508844705

Thanks guys!

Dave

Comment

A friend just bought some of this type hose in 1" id, it was $11.00 per foot from the marina. I'am sure I could of found it cheaper for him by doing a little shopping on the internet but he was in a hurry. I hate to think what they want for 1.25" id hose for my Hino's.
          Capt. Ron.
          "I will not tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death"
          "Never Trade Luck For Skill"
          1987 3870 - Northern Lights ll
          Hino EH700
          Westerbeke 8.0
          1999 Logic Marine 17' CC/50 Merc.
          on Louisiana pool Mississippi River.

Comment

Yerp! That's the stuff. I like it for water hose since I can make sharp bends without the section collapsing like with vinyl and rubber heater hose.

I have been buying my hose locally at a chandler up the street (Salty Dog). it worked out to 7-8 bucks a foot and was inline with Defender with shipping included.
            . . .It places the lotion in the Basket. . .and that basket happens to be in a 1987 Bayliner 3870 w/ Hino 175's

Comment

Working...
            X