Cabinet Construction 3870-gctid813960

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabinet Construction 3870-gctid813960

I am doing a partial remodel of the galley and am wondering if anyone knows how the cabinets are constructed - what type of wood for the panels and trim, stain color etc.

(I am replacing the microwave and oven with cabinets and refinishing the rest + new countertop, induction stove, and sink

[img ]http://i.imgur.com/gf1q5Cv.jpg[/img]

The primary wood is half inch teak plywood then teak trim. You are going to need to match the amount of sun bleach, but I've been able to get there with Watco Dainish Oil Finish.

While you are at it, take a look at some of the completed projects that open the end of the stove cabinet next to the passageway. I was able to get several narrow shelves that the Admiral is very happy with. The other one she is happy with is the rebuilding of the galley steps so they have larger treads and a door in the top step for the trash container.

Attached files

P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Pete,

If you use the top step for the garbage can did you retain the heater that's under the bottom step?

Thanks-Mike
      Gibraltar, Mi.
      1986- 3870- Hino 175's
      1988 26' Shamrock/ Diesel
      14' Zodiac Bay Runner

Comment

Pete thanks!

Comment

Yup, the stateroom side of the panel moved forward about an inch and a half, and the galley side a couple of three. The distance that the galley side came forward was determined by keeping the ability to open the sole access hatch. I beveled the galley end panel to support the step and meets the sole about a half inch aft of the hatch opening. I also evened the rise out so each step is the same height from one to the next. That meant the lowest panel just has the acrylic on each end of the red dot.
          P/C Pete
          Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
          1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
          Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
          MMSI 367770440

Comment

Working...
          X