Peak Fleet Charge SCA coolant-gctid813689

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peak Fleet Charge SCA coolant-gctid813689

Getting close to putting my manicooler back on my hino 175 and bought coolant and distilled water. Bought fleet charge since it is low silicate and phosphate free and for diesels and corrosion additives. Before I started to mix and pour I double checked and found mention of astm d3306 which I see no mention of on the bottle. Is this coolant good to use or am I bringing it back to be store for something else?

Thanks!
    . . .It places the lotion in the Basket. . .and that basket happens to be in a 1987 Bayliner 3870 w/ Hino 175's

Never mind... the spec sheet doesn't have a listing for d3306 but at the bottom there is a chart for d3306/d6210 and what the coolant tests for. Best I can tell, it should work. Might be a case of over thinking again lol
    . . .It places the lotion in the Basket. . .and that basket happens to be in a 1987 Bayliner 3870 w/ Hino 175's

Comment

been using in my boat with no problems, just change every year. you can get test strips and ck PH.
      1993 43.88 bayliner motoryatch

Comment

Cool beans,

I've been using Peak Final Charge- https://www.peakhd.com/product-lines...-charge/about/

This coolant is not inexpensive but is supposed to last much longer thus the reduced maintenance schedules (no annual coolant changes) make it worth it for me.
        Jim Gandee
        1989 3888
        Hino 175's
        Fire Escape
        [email protected]
        Alamitos Bay, SoCal

Comment

Jim

How long before you change with Peak final charge?

Mike
          Gibraltar, Mi.
          1986- 3870- Hino 175's
          1988 26' Shamrock/ Diesel
          14' Zodiac Bay Runner

Comment

Mike,

I'm going on two years now and not exactly sure how long I'll go between changes. Here's some info from their website:

Q: What is FINAL CHARGE® GLOBAL Coolant/Antifreeze?

A: FINAL CHARGE GLOBAL Coolant/Antifreeze is a heavy-duty extended life coolant that provides total cooling system protection for 1,000,000 miles of on-road use (8 years or 20,000 hours of off-highway use) using proprietary engine protecting inhibitors that do not deplete as quickly as conventional "old" technology coolant and SCA products.
            Jim Gandee
            1989 3888
            Hino 175's
            Fire Escape
            [email protected]
            Alamitos Bay, SoCal

Comment

Cool Beans

Did you have the Manicoolers Ceramic coated???
              Brad & Sharon
              Lady Jake
              1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
              LaConner,Wa. (summer)
              2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
              kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

Final Charge is something I might look into once I redo both sides in the future. This go around I'll just use the Fleet Charge.

No, I didn't have the manicoolers ceramic coated. I only pulled this one because I stupidly put too much torque on an inspection cover bolt and broke it off flush inch:

I should have left well enough alone until after the stripper season was over but. . .regardless, needed to pull the cooler to extract the broken bolt so I could torque down the seeping inspection cover. The inside of the cooler looks good to me. I cleaned out some mud, and the exhaust runners look smooth. There were mineral deposits sitting in some corners and where they touched the aluminum was eaten away. I'm thinking at either the end of this year, or the end of next year I'll pull them both and ship them off for repair/inspection/coating. Probably depends on my assessment of the starboard cooler after I plush and refill the coolant.

Comment

The engine has been reassembled and I've added 7 gallons of coolant to the engine (port engine, with heater). I need to get it up to temp to get a final fill and mix going. Ran in the slip in gear with some throttle and got to around 170 degrees.

It will be interesting to see how the engine runs with new coolant and clean cooler and bundle. No over heating issues, but the coolant was thick and muddy. New coolant, mixed 50/50 with distilled water is actually watery! Whoda thunkit. . .

Comment

Working...
                  X