Early 2855 Sunbridge Side Short/Long Plastic Windows-gctid813668

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early 2855 Sunbridge Side Short/Long Plastic Windows-gctid813668

Anyone know who made the early 2855 sunbridge side short and long plastic windows? Anyone replaced theirs and where did you get them?
    Started boating 1965
    Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

I am guessing Taylor Made, since that's who typically did Bayliner glass/windows.
    Matt Train
    BOC Site Team
    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

"Download_Complete" post=813676 wrote:
      I am guessing Taylor Made, since that's who typically did Bayliner glass/windows.
      Do you think there is any chance they can still make one one to fit from a HIN for the boat?
      Started boating 1965
      Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

Making them yourself is relatively easy if you are familiar with wood working, or find a shop local to you that does window replacement. You will need to make a pattern of your current side lexan. I like to start with shoebox type cardboard then transfer that to hardboard. Then I do my final trim and match to the hardboard template. Since I built my own I went to a lexan distributor and was usually able to buy a chunk of scrap, but each time it was made clear they really want to do full sheets. Most glass shops will not have that issue, just deliver your template and pick the color and tint density you want. The curvature of the cabin sides are gentle enough that there's no need for heat forming. At least that's been my experience. You will need a rubber or butyl based doubleback tape like is used to install auto body trim, like side molding, about 3/4". I buy mine from Wesco Body and Paint in Everett, WA, talk to Robin or Phil. When you apply it there should be no gaps at joints. Any gap WILL leak. Clean the surfaces and stick the lexan on. You may need to add a few sheet metal screws to hold some of the points in place, just don't overtighten them. Lastly, caulk the edges all the way around. I usually had to do it twice because the caulk shrank, no big deal. The cleaning wipes for kitchen and bath clean up goobers and stray caulk very well.

Hope this helps.
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        MMSI 367770440

Comment

so i have an 89 2855 sunbridge. just had to go throught this, and it was a pain. first, you have to remove old windows. then you need to remove all caulking, double sided tape and ETC. after that, i used a dremel tool and sander to remove all chipped, or uneven areas of gel coat. for the replacement windows, just order Dark Grey .127 inch from E-plastics. i think it was like 160 total with shipping. i had a local marina that does fiberglass re-install because i didnt want it to leak or not seal right, then have to remove it all again.
          1989 2855 ciera sunbridge
          460 king cobra 5.7

Truck: 2015 ram 2500 6.4

Comment

Working...
          X