Weaver Davits for 1993 Bayliner 4588-gctid813609

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weaver Davits for 1993 Bayliner 4588-gctid813609

After much messing around we've decided to get a smaller dink that will be easier to manage.

I've also decided to go with the much cheaper Weaver Davits since the boat is much lighter.

Problem is that there is a rail that runs around the edge of the swim platform. So I'm thinking the regular davits won't work. They make one for Ranger tugs that is called an "Four up and out" where it lifts up 4" before it goes out.

Have any 4588 owners put Weaver davits on? Do any of you know if these Four up and outs will work?

Thanks!
    Yep, my 4588 Bayliner IS my happy place :whistle:

Have a 4588 now but not the weaver. BUT had the weaver on our 3288 which had the same mini rub rail setup. I simple used my dremel with cut wheel and cut our the two 4" section so I could mount the weavers. Then pulled out the rubber, added a screw on each end and put back the rubber. Very quick and easy and looks like it is meant to be. For up 4"to me seems like it make unhooking them very very hard as the factory swim platform is at least 12" off water so now it would be 16"
    Mark
    USCG OUPV
    1990 4588
    Carlsbad, CA

Comment

Working...
    X