No announcement yet.

Access panel under wet bar?-gctid813547

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Access panel under wet bar?-gctid813547

    Due to a leaking fitting at the T to my ice maker I have spent the last couple nights disassembling the insides of my wetbar and removing all the remaining carpet from the floor and wall (previous owner removed most of the carpet) so the area can dry. I see a plywood panel but it appears to go from the bulkhead all the way up to the lower helm. There has been discussion of an access panel under here that enables you to access the blower fans and other wires. Do I need to cut into mine? There are long screws in the board that secure the panel to the boat but not sure what they are attached to.

    Thanks in advance.
    Current: 1990 4588 Crimson Pride
    Past: 1987 3870 Crimson Pride II
    Past Commodore Mukilteo Yacht Club
    MMSI: 367591640

    Is the panel you are questioning vertical on the inside of the hull? That would amount to a surface to mount the soft surface to. I don't believe it is close to structural having pushed and poked at mine. I don't think you can get at the blowers from there, the normal access is by removing the vent grills. I've been getting up close and personal with that area on mine the last week or so. Partly because my ice maker isn't, partly because I'm installing a raw water wash down. The only access panel I've seen is for pulling the engine. There may be some differences due to model years, Glauben is a 1988 with 175 Hinos.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440