replacement 45xx cockpit ceiling lights?-gctid813240

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacement 45xx cockpit ceiling lights?-gctid813240

The 3 ceiling mounted lights in the cockpit of my 45 are white plastic and the middle one has broken so I am looking for a replacement. Surely someone else has looked around and found a good replacement light fixture that is not too expensive? Lots of 12v adjustable reading lamp style fixtures out there for boats and RV's but they are more for indoor applications and not sure they'd last long getting sprayed with a water hose as the cockpit is cleaned now and then..... Any make/model suggestions with links to the respective fixtures would be greatly appreciated.
    ~~1987 Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse & 17' Boston Whaler Dauntless~~

Did our years ago with Stainless Steel water tight model from imtra. Had to make a spacer donut for the wire connection but not hard to do.

If I was do this again, i would use the Lumintec LED flood lights as we did on the back of the boat deck and hard top

http://lumiteclighting.com/product/c...ication=marine

http://lumiteclighting.com/product/m...ication=marine
    Mark
    USCG OUPV
    1990 4588
    Carlsbad, CA

Comment

I replaced mine with these. We love them!! Super bright white light if you want it. It's dimmable as well. It also has a blue light, very bright if you want it or you can dim that as well. When relaxing in the evening we turn on the dim blue light and it's perfect. If we want security lights, just switch them to white. Installed super easy, used the existing wiring.

Check this out: Lumitec Aurora White/Blue Dimmable Output Dome Light 101075 Lumitec https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004OULZLU..._MWmqzbJXQBKG1
      Vice Commodore
      Fox Island Yacht Club
      '92 4588
      Lucy Jayne
      Gig Harbor, WA

Comment

I like the price of the lumintec dome light better than their floods.

Thanks- that dome looks to be a viable option I may pursue.

Comment

Here is a shot of the lights on the brightest blue setting. The bright white is like daylight and you can dim both colors considerably.
          Vice Commodore
          Fox Island Yacht Club
          '92 4588
          Lucy Jayne
          Gig Harbor, WA

Comment

Ok, maybe not. Picture won't show up...
            Vice Commodore
            Fox Island Yacht Club
            '92 4588
            Lucy Jayne
            Gig Harbor, WA

Comment

We ordered 3 of those lumintec dome lights yesterday for the cockpit ceiling, along with 6 new blue LED courtesy lights...4 to replace the original courtesy lights in the cockpit and I think I need to figure out how to add the other 2 up on the flybridge. Spent the last 2 days reworking the varnish on the bow pulpit and still planning 4-5 more coats of epifanes so between that and the lights, plus the full engine and generator service earlier last month, our old 45 is getting some love!

Comment

You will love those lights! I changed my courtesy lights in the cockpit as well. Should have been straight forward and simple, right!? Hopefully yours are different, mine were wired with the exact length needed to install them. They were super short once I got the old cockpit lights out, but after a bit more of a time investment, I got them installed and they look so much better! You are going to live those ceiling lights! Let me know what you think after you have them installed! Best Regards, Casey
                Vice Commodore
                Fox Island Yacht Club
                '92 4588
                Lucy Jayne
                Gig Harbor, WA

Comment

I'm referring to the wiring being short above.
                  Vice Commodore
                  Fox Island Yacht Club
                  '92 4588
                  Lucy Jayne
                  Gig Harbor, WA

Comment

I wanted to follow up and say how much we LOVE the lumintec Aurora blue/white LED lights in the cockpit! it has really been a big improvement!! The quality of the light fixture is really good and installation took only a few minutes. They are dimmable by turning the face of light and can be turned on/off @ the switch in the salon or by rotating the face of the light itself which is very nice. Having both the blue and white light is also very nice. I would highly recommend these lights for cockpit ceiling lights on the 45's or any of the motoryachts.

We also replaced the 4 courtesy lights with blue LED's. The old courtesy lights were way past their service life- rusted and ugly. Ordered a pack of 6 of the courtesy lights on amazon for like $30-35.

PS- I keep trying to upload pics of the new lights but it keeps saying the photos fail to upload. they are just standard jpg files off my iphone. Is there something going on with BOC that is keeping photos from uploading??

Comment

I saved the photos as a new file type so let's see if they upload now.

Comment

To get the photos to upload I had to screenshot them and create a different file (went from jpg to png) and then upload them one at a time and not upload the next pic til the first pic was done. Something is up with the forum but here are the pics.

Attached files

Comment

Working...
                        X