Replacing my radar-gctid812253

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing my radar-gctid812253

I have a 1988 45 PH which still has the original Raymarine radar that has become useless. I also am using an analog C120 chart plotter and I would like to be able to use it for my radar display. I plan on finding a good condition used array. Does anyone have info on how the cable is routed to the PH and how difficult it would be to to replace?

The Quantum radar fits the mounting holes of your old Raymarine, is cheap (under $1500) and can use the power from your existing cable. I don't know if it works with the C120 but it does with my C127.
    1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Does anyone know what radar fits the mounting holes of a bar style Furuno radar installed at the factory in 1995 on my 47?
      Started boating 1965
      Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

Hi drwayno,

The cable, that was in my 4588, ran from the port side of the dash , under the port door threshold and under the adjacent seat. In the back of the inside of the seat, there is a panel that opens the wall up , exposing the wiring. The routing continues towards the stern a couple feet and turns upward, toward the bridge. From there there is an opening in the port-most wall under the bridge dash. As I remember, there is an internal wall with an opening that you can reach into to feel the wires, though it's difficult to get your head into a position to physically see it. That is where the cable runs through. From there, the wires head along the inner wall of the bridge surround towards the radar arch where it routes up to the radar array. There are couple of ties or cable clamps inside the walls, but they can be removed and replaced as needed to remove the cable.

The one thing I remember is inside the wall between in the bridge, there is wall (as described above) that shields a hole in what appears to be the floor level of the bridge that is just a bit larger than the existing wiring. As such, it may tough to get new wires through without removing the old or drilling a new hole, which can be a bugger, too , as the area is hard to reach, let alone being able to get a drill into.

I hope this helps. Good luck it's your routing...

~BJ

OMEGA

BJ
        OMEGA

Comment

"drwayno" post=812253 wrote:
          I have a 1988 45 PH which still has the original Raymarine radar that has become useless. I also am using an analog C120 chart plotter and I would like to be able to use it for my radar display. I plan on finding a good condition used array. Does anyone have info on how the cable is routed to the PH and how difficult it would be to to replace?
          Another note to mention about the Quantum radar (which I have) is that it can send the data back to the MFD via wireless. IMO I chose to not do this as with something so important as radar I didn't want have any interruption in the signal so I ran all new cables to mine (4788 so the wiring will be different. Bayliner LOVED to use screw in zip ties every foot or so so getting the original cable out will be very challenging so I left most of mine in and ran my own new cables).

Setting up and using the Quantum is really easy!

Derek
          Family Boater
          1997 Bayliner 4788 w/330 Cummins - Phoenix
          (past) 1987 Bayliner 3218 w/135 Hino - True Story

Comment

No worries using the wireless wi-fi feature and no need to run any cables if you use the 12 V from the old cable. Can't be easier.
            1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Working...
            X