1999 VacuFlush parts-gctid810674

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 VacuFlush parts-gctid810674

I want to purchase a bowl seal kit, but don't know which model I need for the factory installed vacuflush in my 1999 4788, one has an "overflow" hole according to wallmart and one doesn't. Any ideas which one I need?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SeaLand-T...&wl13=&veh=sem

Partner in a 1999 4788

Seattle, WA

Bet running a tooth brush around the seal will solve your issue without a new seal.
    1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

do you use any special cleaner or just a toothbrush. I expect that this seal hasn't been replaced in many years and that its about time.
      Partner in a 1999 4788

Seattle, WA

Comment

Just the brush. I have a spare seal and it's easy to change, but the brush does the trick so far. My guess is either seal pictured will work, but why not take the old one for comparison?
        1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Hi stargazerwa

Call Marine Sanitation in Seattle I think their at the North end of lake Union.
          Brad & Sharon
          Lady Jake
          1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
          LaConner,Wa. (summer)
          2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
          kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

The brush worked, thanks. I see that Sealand also makes a seal cleaner has anyone used it? How big of challenge is it to replace the duck valves on the 4788?
            Partner in a 1999 4788

Seattle, WA

Comment

Can't comment on the seal sealer but changing the duckbill valves is relatively easy on the forward head, but more complicated on the guest head due to its location next to the stairs.

Start with the forward head as practice as it's easy to get to behind the glass breezeway doors. Lifting out the doors makes it easier. You'll need 2 sets (4) for each pump - 2 each side. Removing the whole pump and changing them on a bench is easiest. Make sure you put the new replacements pointing the same way as you find them.

The guest head is more difficult to get at, but removing the small door AND the door frame will give you more wiggle room to get the whole pump out. I wrote up a how to guide a year or so back. I'll see if I can find it and attach.

Have fun. Cheers

PS. Here is the thread that may assist.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/index....-access#717170
              John H
              Brisbane QLD Aust
              "Harbor-nating"

2000 - 4788/Cummins 370's

Comment

Instead of a toothbrush I've been using a terry cloth rag and rub down the ring if I notice the water level down.

Comment

Working...
                X